Going back in the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I think my back/hip has allowed me to at least try to get back into the shop. I am basically on my own because my Chiropractor shut his office down so I need to try to get things going on my own now. Will have to see how this goes because I can not stand too long. I did take a photo of some of the blank material I have set up plus a few more that did not want to show just yet because the material is a learning experience and not sure if it will work. These things should work if i can build the blanks like I want to. here is the tease.

Attachments

• Copy of IMGP0491.JPG
    Copy of IMGP0491.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Copy of IMGP0495.JPG
    Copy of IMGP0495.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

socdad

I think my back/hip has allowed me to at least try to get back into the shop. I am basically on my own because my Chiropractor shut his office down so I need to try to get things going on my own now. Will have to see how this goes because I can not stand too long. I did take a photo of some of the blank material I have set up plus a few more that did not want to show just yet because the material is a learning experience and not sure if it will work. These things should work if i can build the blanks like I want to. here is the tease.
Looks great

MPVic

Glad you're getting back it. Love your precision work, thanks for sharing the pics. Look forward to seeing this masterpiece.

TonyL

I will tell you this...you don't fool around! Looking forward to the finished products. Thank for the pics.

jttheclockman

Love the stripes with dots! Can't wait to see the finished product!
I bet it will not be what you are thinking. :) You are going to say I did not see that coming. Got my guitar pick blank on the lathe first. Also want to turn a few blanks I got from Mike (mredburn) putting them on a series of Sierra kits. Man I have alot of Sierra kits. Just looking through them the other day.

jttheclockman

Well done John i hope your pain lets you get thru this, cant wait to see them.
Thanks and I do too. As I said I am more or less on my own. My avenue with the Chiropractor has dried up for now. I will take it one day at a time. Maybe work out some kind of schedule or time limit so not to push things. I can say this though, glad I am retired and glad I do have a hobby because what is going on would sure cramp my style if i were still working. Will see how this goes and I have so many more ideas on the drawing board. Have a couple casting blanks that I want to make that will get some attention here. But that is the material I need to play with yet to get to see if it works. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom