Go Iowa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Interesting game last night. Iowa Didn't play there best, to many turn overs but as a team they win. So if they want to win big they have to sharpen up and play their A game against SC .

montmill

Interesting that neither Becker nor Clark really played like they had previously. Supporting players really did well for both teams. In my opinion Kate Martin will make one heck of a coach someday. She and Gabby Marshall, both seniors really stepped up. A teammate of our granddaughter is a recruit at Iowa next year, Teagan Mallegni. While I wish she'd stayed home and helped an improving Wisconsin program I wish her well. She's a very nice young lady.

Dieseldoc

Great final ,game Iowa just got wore out from the SC strong bench. SC has a deep bench which allows players to rest. Iowa strength was in the starting line up which all season did a great job. Nothing to be ashamed of.

PreacherJon

Clark finished 10-of-28 from the field and 5-of-13 on 3-point attempts. She had a bad night for her. If she had plenty of open shots. So if she makes just 5 more buckets and 2 more 3's... they win the game.

moke

It was a good game. but you just can't beat someone that you can never get a second shot and they are getting 2 and 3 attempts. They put up a valiant effort but they just were not tall enough. I don't know if you ever caught it, but they introduce Hannah Stuelke as a Forward.....they really play 3 guards and two forwards....They have an incoming 6-4 girl from Oregon so that will help. Hannah is only 6-1. They have some outstanding players coming in. Montmill, I will make sure and watch for Teagen. Let's all pull for her to be the next superstar.
They also have some 5 star athlete from Cali too. I heard today Haley Van Lith from LSU talked briefly to Caitlyn about moving to Iowa. She has already been at 2 schools and only has one year of eligibility left. Caitlin's legacy will not only live on in her records she set, but in recruiting moving forward.

I heard today that our main assistant coach, the real tall skinny lady with the shoulder length hair, is up for the director of Girls Basketball for the State of Iowa. She was assistant coach of the year last year. Lisa Bluder is a great coach and person. Everyone complains about the Football and Mens BB coach, there is never a bad word about her. She is also a great draw for young girls looking for a home.

I am not sure if you guys picked up on this or not, but the WNBA draft is next Monday the 15th. Then their first game is May 15. No rest for Caitlyn....also she is being looked at for the Olympics to, but I don't know if she will be invited. Maybe someone else knows, but I think the pros are preferred. I think Caitlyn will bring a lot of folks to the seats in Indianapolis, but not sure how much impact she will have on the court for awhile. She will be amongst girls that had some pretty good college careers themselves. I am not the only one to have said that, but people have been very critical of that being said. I just think it is common sense.....

One other thing being discussed is that Kate Martin is wanting to Coach. Bluder is 61 I think, and if the first assistant ( I can't remember her name) could take over and when she retires as she is in her mid fifties, maybe Kate would be right to step in......I would think she would want to Head Coach somewhere first, but who knows......

Woodchipper

Height might be a factor but I recall back after the earth cooled that guys like Bob Cousy were tall at six feet. From watching college BB over the years, seems accuracy and speed take precedence.
Speaking of Bob, why don't they use the old hook shot? Rare as a pork chop at a bar mitzvah.

moke

Height might be a factor but I recall back after the earth cooled that guys like Bob Cousy were tall at six feet. From watching college BB over the years, seems accuracy and speed take precedence.
Speaking of Bob, why don't they use the old hook shot? Rare as a pork chop at a bar mitzvah.
Now that post was hilarious!!! I did see a couple of hook shots from tall girls in the March Madness, but you are right, they are rare. Never having been to a bar mitzvah, I can not comment on their meat selection, tho......LMAO!!!!

Top Bottom