Gluing carbon fiber to tube

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aces-High

Can you glue CF to a tube with 5 min Epoxy so that you can use AlumiliteSlow to cast it? If someone has done this, could you please share your process?

Thanks,

Jason

JohnU

It's messy but this is how I do it. Roll the painted tube in epoxy. Slide it inside the carbon fiber tube. Tie off the open end of the fiber. Tie another string to the other side of the fiber about 2-3 inches past the brass tube and pull it tight so that the carbon fiber is tight with the tube inside. Then rub your fingers over the tube, squeezing the epoxy through the carbon fiber, and smooth it out and let it dry. After it the epoxy is set, cut the carbon fiber about a 1/4 - 1/2" longer than the brass tube. i usually wait a day in between epoxy and casting.
I'm sure you will get others to chime in with their process so you should have plenty of ideas To help you out. Good luck!

Aces-High

It's messy but this is how I do it. Roll the painted tube in epoxy. Slide it inside the carbon fiber tube. Tie off the open end of the fiber. Tie another string to the other side of the fiber about 2-3 inches past the brass tube and pull it tight so that the carbon fiber is tight with the tube inside. Then rub your fingers over the tube, squeezing the epoxy through the carbon fiber, and smooth it out and let it dry. After it the epoxy is set, cut the carbon fiber about a 1/4 - 1/2" longer than the brass tube. i usually wait a day in between epoxy and casting.
I'm sure you will get others to chime in with their process so you should have plenty of ideas To help you out. Good luck!
Thanks Jon!

mg_dreyer

Sounds like a great recipe for success.

Top Bottom