GluBoost over polymer clay.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

Just received a couple of Toni's polymer clay blanks. Thinking of using GluBoost as the finish. Has anyone used GluBoost on polymer clay, or know if there could be an issue ?

TIA,

Greg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

She uses BSI CA glue if I recall. I have used both Hot Stuff and Mercury on several of Toni's blanks. But, that doesn't answer your glue boost question.
Don
BSI is what she uses. Her instructions say not to use Stickfast. Didn't ask why.

mg_dreyer

Thx! Couldn't see why it wouldn't be ok, but didn't want to chance a $50 blank.
If you have any concerns just start with the orange (fill n finish - thin). Just use a few more coats. Very light steel wool in between. Very light, lathe off bushing to bushing.

jttheclockman

BSI is what she uses. Her instructions say not to use Stickfast. Didn't ask why.
That story goes way back when there were CA wars were here. I believe BSI is a flexible CA and has different properties than other CA glues. Definitely not the same as Gluboost.

Gregf

That story goes way back when there were CA wars were here. I believe BSI is a flexible CA and has different properties than other CA glues. Definitely not the same as Gluboost.
Makes sense given the properties of polymer clay that a flexible CA would be best.

Top Bottom