GluBoost Caddy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hertzogcraig

Trying to think of a way to keep my GluBoost organized. I figured why not put the new 3-D printer to use. Works out great, really happy with how it came out

IMG_0395.jpeg
IMG_0396.jpeg
IMG_0397.jpeg
IMG_0398.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hertzogcraig

Very nice! The openings are deep enough so they don't tip out?
I have the tolerances so that they fit in there snug enough to hold them. But I already decided to go back in the file and make it a little deeper anyway. But yes, this one works well
Excellent item. Nice angle for ease of access. Would you be willing to share the 3D printer file for this item? Thanks, Harry
Absolutely, I just want to tweak it a little bit and make it a little taller. Then when I'm on the computer on Tuesday I'll share it

d_bondi

Nice!

I love these types of organization projects with my 3D printer. I have done this for my taps/die/drill bits/mandrels etc for kitless pens so I don't have everything all over the place and 3 different drill indexes out.

I was thinking... "I wonder if he embedded a magnet into the bottom to keep it still on the lathe?" and then the last picture answered that question!

Thanks for sharing!

hertzogcraig

For those that were interested and had asked, after 4 iterations, I finally landed on a final design of this caddy and uploaded it to Thingaverse this morning. Here is the finished product and all 4 iterations through the process to get to my final version

IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg

henry1164

Excellent. This version looks like you have a winner. I already have my son printing this now. I can only imagine the rolls of filament being used up by many others to get this item made. Thanks.

duncsuss

Quick question - what's the overall size of the caddy? (The town library has a printer we can use but it's not very big, might have to find another if this won't fit.)

Thanks!

hertzogcraig

Quick question - what's the overall size of the caddy? (The town library has a printer we can use but it's not very big, might have to find another if this won't fit.)

Thanks!
Roughly 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/2. If it's not big enough, pm me, I could always make one and send it to you

Top Bottom