Glow Stonez blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

Anybody turn the Glow Stonez blanks from Woodturningz? How well do they glow?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Yes many..for adults and kids. You hold then under light for a short time and them bring them into a dark room. Not very practical (to write in the dark) but they are fun. I had some adults that like them just plain. Use very sharp tools and take your time. They finish very nicely.

qquake

Well, I got the Moon Rock blank. It does glow, but not for very long. I did notice that it looks a bit translucent. If I decide to back paint it, what color should I use? Black? White? Green?

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 132

TonyL

Well, I got the Moon Rock blank. It does glow, but not for very long. I did notice that it looks a bit translucent. If I decide to back paint it, what color should I use? Black? White? Green?
I have turned them all; I made most thinned walled pens. I never had to paint them. Unless they changed the formula or these's a "defective" lot, I have found all opaque. However, if I were concerned, I would paint the inside of the barrels flat white. Krylon or Rustoleum white primer works well. I always give it 24 hours to dry and use epoxy when painting tubes and/or barrel interiors. As I always say, I am just one guy, and this is just one idea of many that works. Separately, my experience is the same as yours, they don't glow very long. I still enjoy making them and kids and ladies seem to like them.

Top Bottom