give aways for chapter meetings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

Hi all;
Just curious other than members bringing blanks for trade, is there other give aways that you do?
Just want to give people another reason to attend. We have had a meeting at Woodcraft and Rockler and both stores gave us a 10% discount the day of the meeting for attendees.
thanks.
Mark
Western Washington Chapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Bringback giveaways

Mark,
We have been giving cruises, air trips, cars, boats, lathes, ...awww I can't carry this out!!!
icon10.gif

We hope one of the good reasons people should want to come is for the demo presentations and sharing of ideas among friends.

Actually, besides blanks, both homemade and store bought, there have been sanding suppllies (MM, etc.), pen kits, a few finished pens, gift certificates, DVD instructional videos, blocks of wood, drill bit sets, tools, etc. With the drawing proceeds we often buy something significant from our Host Woodcraft. Also, we are not above begging!! and work with vendors for donations - Some of them have been very generous!
Winners are asked to please bring something for the drawing at the next meeting. Only group members can participate in the drawings since some club dues money is used to occasionly buy items for the drawing.
Woodcraft also gives us a 10% discount on turning supplies on the day of our meeting.
Our group is the Alamo Woodturning Assoc. and we have a subgroup of pen turners that join them and also meet separately on different nights. We have giveaway drawing items mentioned above, and the main woodturner group has similar and other items.

Gordon in San Antonio, TX

For those living in the San Antonio area that don't attend, you are welcome to either or both of our meetings in San Antonio at.
Woodcraft Store- Alamo Woodturners Assoc - 4th Thur of month 6:30
Pen Turners group - 1st Thur of month 6:30

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
We have a few vendors that contribute door prizes for us. HUT and Woodnwhimsies are both located in Missouri and usually give something. Tim and Tracey at WnW also belong to our chapter. Ken At Kallenshaan Woods also donates some laser kits when asked. A variety of other vendors have given in the past. I'm sure now that there are many local chapters they can't give like they used to when there were only a few.
Grizzly has given hats in the past (local for us). We usually have enough door prizes that everyone that comes gets at least one. Hope this helps.

Phunky_2003

I've been thinking about trying to get some donations to see if I can get the North Texas chapter back going.

I'll keep an eye out on this thread for ideas.

traderdon55

At our IAP meetings we usually have enough items donated by members that everyone usually gets something but that is not why we get together. Our meetings usually run 4 to 6 hours with a pot luck lunch and we get together just to learn from each other and to have a good day of fellowship. I think our attendance would be the same whether we did or did not have door prizes. Don from the ArkLaTex chapter

Top Bottom