Gift Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodwzrd

woodwzrd

A while back I had asked for ideas as to what to make for my engineering team for Christmas gifts. I got a lot a great feedback and ended up going with keychain pens. I ended up turning 22 of which I picked out 18 to give out. Unfortunately I forgot to take a group photo before my wife wrapped them all up but here is one example from the ones I held on to. The kits came from Exotic Blanks and I use a variety of wood, resin, and hybrid blanks that I pulled from my cutoff box.

I had kind of a funny lessons learned from gifting these. As I said, these were all gifted to a team of engineers. I assumed, that being engineers, they would probably quickly figure out that these were pens disguised as keychains. As we all know the dangers of assuming, that was not the case. I had several people reach out thanking me for the keychain to be completely surprised when I asking if they realized they were pens also. I had to send out an email this morning with pictures and a detailed description of how they worked and how to change the refill.

PXL_20231220_124834561.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

d_bondi

Nice looking work!

I love the story, thanks for sharing it. Before I retired, I was responsible for an engineering team (and am a degreed enginerd myself) and I can totally relate. Sometimes they (we) just need the shop/engineered drawing for things to click in. :eek: 🤷‍♂️ :cool:

Top Bottom