Getting some new hardware.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gad5264

The hardware I am getting is round, it's made of titanium however you don't use it for turning.

My back has finally given out again. About 10 years ago, I had a laminectomy on L4 and L5. On Monday I had another MRI and the same disc has ruptured again and is putting major pressure on my nerves. After a second opinion I have decided to have disc fusion surgery that will put me out of commission for about 4 to 6 weeks. So, on Thursday March 4th I am having surgery.

Attachments

• Hardware.jpg
    Hardware.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 197
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Grant!

Good Luck! We'll be thinking of you!

My Wife had four levels fused in her neck last June, and is doing great now! I hope you do as well.

Scott.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I'm sorry to hear that you have to go through that. You have my number if you need anything!

Mike

mbroberg

Almost for got, do you need me to look after that Nova DVR XP of yours while you recover? :rolleyes: After all, what are friends for?

jimofsanston

Heck I can baby sit that NOVA unit to. Good luck my friend. Once you get it done you will feel like a new man. ( six milliion dollar man that is)

gad5264

Mike and Jim,
You are going to think I have lost my mind but I have to tell you a little story about my Nova DVR.

I lost my job of 20 years back in January of '09. In late February I bought my Nova when Woodcraft was having their anniversary sale. I took it home and put it on my work bench. Due to my mothers ill health, buying a turn key business with my girlfriend, the bad back and also starting a new job last September, the Nova DVR is celebrating it's one year anniversary and is STILL sitting where I put it one year ago tomorrow. I know.....pathetic is all I can say.

Hopefully with the back pain gone and life slowing down, I will finally get time to take it out of the box really soon.

mbroberg

I didn't realize you hadn't put that Nova to use yet. :eek: This is not acceptable!!!:mad: So:

Step 1: Repair back.
Step 2: Heal
Step 3: Turn!

I'll even provide some blanks (I recently found myself with a few extra).:rolleyes:

(Maybe at some point during step 2, if you feel up to it, I'll pick you up and take you to a COW meeting).

Last edited:

Lenny

Grant, I'm sorry to hear of your problems and hope the surgery offers you some relief. Unfortunately it is my duty to inform you that under IAP rules, section 22, paragraph 4, on the back side of the web page, at the very bottom in fine print ... it very clearly states that "any lathe that sits unopened or un-run for a period of 365 days shall be forfeited to the first IAP member (that would be me):rolleyes: who invokes Rule 54 of the IAP code! :biggrin:
I'll pm you my address for shipping! :)

ldubia

Grant, I'm sorry to hear of your problems and hope the surgery offers you some relief. Unfortunately it is my duty to inform you that under IAP rules, section 22, paragraph 4, on the back side of the web page, at the very bottom in fine print ... it very clearly states that "any lathe that sits unopened or un-run for a period of 365 days shall be forfeited to the first IAP member (that would be me):rolleyes: who invokes Rule 54 of the IAP code! :biggrin:

Well you are right on several points with minor corrections. First, it is in paragraph 3, sub-paragraph 4. It is written in Gaelic Latin script visible only with an Apple Macbook set for the Western United States English used in Santa Cruz County and found only in Boulder Creek in the hills just outside Santa Cruz. AND it is for a period of 364.5 days. Since my computer is the only one that fits the location and language requirements and I am the first to correctly identify the script, It should be shipped here for recovery. Lest I mention it not, the script is also written in invisible clear ink. So...my address is, well look it up.

Seriously, I hope things go well for you and you feel better real soon. Take care and watch them nurses. Watch them real careful. Then get back to work in the shop.

Larry

gad5264

Lenny,
Do you want the 17" Jet drill press that is sitting right next to it also?.....just kidding.

Mike,
I may take you up on your offer.

Top Bottom