Getting better at label casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NGLJ

Now that I am beginning to figure out how to use Alumilite polyurethane resin successfully, and purchased a pressure pot, my quality of label casting is progressing. I made the attached as a gift for a friend who loves roses, and has an amazing rose garden.

Attachments

• 2023-09-07_13-06-07.jpg
    2023-09-07_13-06-07.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 74
  • 2023-09-07_13-07-42.jpg
    2023-09-07_13-07-42.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 74
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

It is very cool. I just dove into casting about a week ago and have made 3 pours. I hope to follow your path and do some clear label casting someday in the future when I get more adept at casting in general. Very cool pen and a very nice gesture. - Dave

NGLJ

I am pretty new to it myself. Started about 3 months ago. I started with epoxy making regular blanks, and ancillary other items like coasters, and only very recently moved on to clear label casting with Alumilite clear and slow. I am sure that I will do a lot more clear label casting. Whilst you can make blanks which are unique there are a bewildering number for purchase. Clear label casting offers the opportunity to personalize your products, which for me is very appealing. I am often stumped about what to give some people as a gift, but now I have a new string to my bow. I soon learned that to be consistently successful a pressure pot is essential, especially with Alumilite.

Mike

Nice work. Looks and sounds like it takes patience. Would like to try it sometime. Too many other things going on now.

Mike

Top Bottom