Genie Bottle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from walshjp17

walshjp17

Ever since I saw a turned Genie Bottle at Woodcraft, I have wanted to make one. I attended a WC class on how to turn them and was able to successfully create my own.

This Genie Bottle is made from Madrone and African Black Wood. The bottle measures almost 5" from the base to the top of the finial and 2 1/4" at the wide point. The decorations on the ABW ring and the cap were made with a a Sorby Mini-decoration tool. The finial was made using mini tools made by the class instructor.

C & C most welcome.

I know the pix are bad, but the bulbs on my tent set up blew and I have not yet replaced them.

Attachments

• Genie1.jpg
    Genie1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Genie2.jpg
    Genie2.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Genie3.JPG
    Genie3.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Truth be told, I had a very patient and understanding instructor who watched closely over every step and did not hesitate to tell me to 'slow down', 'take lighter cuts', 'swivel the tool not your arm', 'it's only wood', 'raise/lower the tool rest', etc.. In other words, when I do one of these on my own, I hope to have his words in my head.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That looks really nice!

TRY the finial yourself. Takes 5-6 attempts (well 10-20), then its very workable. Use blanks that are tight-grained. I'm just getting close to being able to do them consistantly, just need more practice! Very nice .

Top Bottom