Generartions apart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gad5264

gad5264

Last summer my mom gave me a library table that she said her grandfather made years ago. I placed the library table in my living room and she came to visit for Thanksgiving and saw the table after I polished it up and really liked the way it looked. As we were sitting in the livingroom after dinner she was telling me that her grandpa had also made a large mirrored frame to hang over the table a few years before he died in 1918. But when they moved my great grandma out of the house and into assisted living the frame and mirror got dropped and busted. I decided on Thanksgiving day that it was my job to replace that mirror to go with the table. So, without mom knowing I asked for help from my aunts and uncles in finding a picture of the mirrored frame and was able to get a decent one in my search. My mom came back to my house for Christmas and I had the new mirror hanging above the table when she got there. I didn't tell her I was making it and when she saw it, she actually started crying. I guess in her eyes I did a pretty decent job of remaking the piece to match.

In my quest to clean up the table, I discovered my great grandfathers initials and the year on the back of the drawer. So, here's to you Nickademus Alexander Masciarelli, I hope I did you proud. The date on the drawer was Feb/1910.

-- Grant...."GO BUCKEYES"

Attachments

• TableMirror.jpg
    TableMirror.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 344
  • Table.JPG
    Table.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Geeze you can't go telling stories like that this early in the morning....
You did a great job. I don't know what the original looked like but with that reaction you must have been right on. Nice job and a wonderful gesture for you mother, your a good man.

IPD_Mr

This is what I deal with every day in the antique hardware business. It is what makes work fun and enjoyable. There is nothing like an heirloom and making an heirloom and putting the two together for future generations.

Top Bottom