Gatsby-ish slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from iamrohn

iamrohn

I saw something online that sparked an interest, and not being able to find the same kit at one of the "usual" suppliers I went about to try it on my own... using what I learned from the "Challenge Pen" I figured I had a head-start at it. I did take a file to the [off]center band, so that it would fit over the brass tube. This one is a bit sloppier than I'd have liked, but it does show me, as a prototype, that I'm still interested in the design. I think next time the wood portion I'll make straight, to match the black acrylic, instead of the slight bulge it has here.

I tried searching but came up empty... surely someone has made something similar and perfected it?

This might be the first time that I really enjoy the black stripe on the clip too :)

IMG_20200622_122255.jpg

IMG_20200622_122453.jpg

DrD

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes this design. Check out my posts: Prototype, 9/17/20; Prototype 2.0 - Searching, No Joy,,, 9/18/20; New Direction in Acrylics For ME, 10/16/20; The Experiment Continues, 10/9/20; Last 2 "Section" 7mm Pens For A While, 10/17/20.

Like the direction you are going. There are numerous obstacles and I hope you figure out answers for them. Keep working on this and keep posting.

Good work,

DrD ;););)

Top Bottom