Garage Shop Cooling and Ventilation Recommendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EdM

I finally have my relocated South Florida shop set up in my 2 car garage, and am ready to tackle my last remaining challenge, which is how to properly ventilate and cool it for 12 month use.
While I may get my HOAs approval for a low mounted thru wall A/C, I also want to ventilate the space when needed to minimize the fine dust that my DC can't filter.
Does anyone have any experience with the garage ventilation fan made by Quietcool ? This one's is ceiling mounted, vents into the attic, and supposedly cools the attic as well.
Lastly, I want to insulate the metal garage door, and would appreciate hearing about any experiences with foamcore vs. the reflective foil type of insulation that requires an air gap between the metal door and insulating material.

Any advise or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Regards!
Ed

MPVic

Ed, you have a daunting task considering your geographical location & the associated humidity. What many people forget is that what you exhaust from a space, in this case your garage, must be replaced with outside air. So be prepared to provide a large enough capacity air conditioner to handle the heat & humidity load. Good luck with your project.

I have a foam core insulated garage door. It does well in the summer time keeping the heat out of the garage. I think either would work well in Florida as your winters aren't near as bad as what we have here in Montana. Like I said, the insulation works well in the summer but when it's -40 outside it's pretty ineffective on keeping the cold out. Sorry, can't help you with the ventilation system. I use a vacuum system that I created myself and my ventilation system is to open both windows in the shop (except in the winter).

Top Bottom