Game Calls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mvande21

mvande21

I am curious as to anyone out there that makes game calls. Do you sell them at shows or for special orders? How much can you get out of one if you are selling them? I am looking into them for next years shows I do and am curious what the market is for them. I know location is some of it but I like to hear both good and bad from people then make my estimate as to what I should do in my area.

Thanks in advance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

I've got my first 4 ordered. They are sold already for 50$ per call. Don't know for sure if that's enough or no. I guess I'll know next time......

dogcatcher

I have been a game callmaker for since 1964. My advice is to stick with the game calls you know how to use and you will actually hunt with. Anybody can make calls with the plug and play reed set ups that companies sell. But how good are they? you won't know if you don't know how to hunt or use them.

Don't trust friends or relatives to tell you how good they sound if you are giving them away for free or next to nothing. A free call always is a good call, not because of the sound, but because it was free. Find the callmaking forums and read through the callmaking tutorials. Plenty of info and good people there to help you.

ironman123

Dogcatcher has it right on the head. There are a lot of good tutorials out there on barrels, toneboards and complete calls.
find them and read them, learn the ins and outs and practice.

dogcatcher

Check this forum and you'll see what they can sell for:

Custom Calls - PredatorMasters Forums

Most of those callmakers/sellers have 10, 15 or more years experience in making calls and have been using hand calls for a lot longer than that. They also have a reputation as great callmakers, as the new kid on the block you might expect to get the same prices, but in reality you better expect to sell yours for a lot less.

Top Bottom