Game Call

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Once again using the carbon fiber that is too big for pen tubes I made this smaller game call. The barrel is cast carbon fiber and the cap is an actual 12ga shot shell cap. A local woodworking store carries the 1/2" diameter reeds and so does Hut. I like using the small O rings so you can push the reed out and change it without damaging the reed. Questions and Comments are Welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_4025.jpeg
    IMG_4025.jpeg
    514.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4022.jpeg
    IMG_4022.jpeg
    576.4 KB · Views: 55
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

Good idea! I like the smaller calls myself. I buy mine from Brookside. You can even take like a woodduck call reed and not use a rubber insert, just drill the hole to fit the metal reed and then you can make a really small 2 piece necklace woodduck call. What reed is that? It looks like a squirrel.

Kenny Durrant

Good idea! I like the smaller calls myself. I buy mine from Brookside. You can even take like a woodduck call reed and not use a rubber insert, just drill the hole to fit the metal reed and then you can make a really small 2 piece necklace woodduck call. What reed is that? It looks like a squirrel.
The reed is a cottontail rabbit. Hut Products sell them as well as a local wood shop. I like the Orings so you can push the reed from the mouth end out and replace it with a different one without damaging it. They make several reeds so that makes this a fairly versatile call. Thanks for the kinds words.

Kenny Durrant

Old timers used a blade of grass between the thumbs. Need to make a few game calls for sale this year.
Funny and not so funny you should bring that up!! The funny part is I remember doing that as a kid. We used to do that to make noise and just being kids. The not so funny part is you made me realize I'm an "Old Timer"!!! My family and friends say I'm still stuck in the past. Which confirms the title. I dont like the way some things are going. I still write checks and don't trust all the apps just to mention a few.

Woodchipper

Kenny, it made noise and it called in critters, according to old timers. Off topic a bit- I can write three checks in less time than it takes to log into a website.
Will look up sources for game call components; Hut Products as a source.

Top Bottom