G2 pilot rollerball Cigar click pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from erdman41

erdman41

Not been doing this very long but first thing I wanted was to make a pen that uses the G2 pilot pen refill.

Couldn't find any kits for such a pen.

Thought maybe the Duraclick EDC might work if the refill extension was eliminated to make up the difference in lengths. But the nib would not work even with modification. Just not enough room.

I ordered some Big Ben Cigar kits to make a gift for a relative. Started looking at the nib and cap and got to thinking this might work. Nib had enough room.

Pulled out the plug thing in the cap drilled it out and tapped it for a schmidt clicker and bingo. Used the tubes from the cigar kit after a little micrometer work on a mock up and success was had.

Duraclick for size reference.
5882ff1c75f3f4ae4d4fa52df48b1a04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I use Montverde Parker-style refills in many of my click and twist ballpoint pens if I want a rollerball-like feel. They aren't cheap though: about $4 each.

erdman41

I use Montverde Parker-style refills in many of my click and twist ballpoint pens if I want a rollerball-like feel. They aren't cheap though: about $4 each.
Thanks for the tip.

This was more to see if I could do it. Plus there are a million pilot pens laying around at work lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom