Funky Lucite II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here is another group of Funky Lucite pens.
I had a pretty good response to my first set
of Funky lucite. Thanks for lookin.

These are not my castings, but a material I
Bought at the pipe making supply shop.

2005415151351_DSC00429.jpg

200541515149_DSC00426.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Anthony, there all very nice. Your colors are getting better all the time! At least I assume this is your castings, right?

I'm not trying to get even for my green background here, but I don't really care for the zebra background, its to busy and makes my eyes cross. [:D]

PenWorks

RT, these are not my castings, but some pricey lucite material I bought
at the pipe making supply shop. I really like it, all the materials have
such a nice glow to them. Yeh the zebra thing, was to keep them from
rolling around as none of them were cut straight. You have all the
right in the world to get even LOL. Thanks

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
R.T.,
If you really want to make your eyes cross, imagine Anthony lolling on the zebra skin coverlet instead of these incredible pens!

Grabbing for my flak jacket and helmet,

WoodChucker

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />R.T.,
If you really want to make your eyes cross, imagine Anthony lolling on the zebra skin coverlet instead of these incredible pens!

Grabbing for my flak jacket and helmet,

lol, that wouldn't cross my eyes, it would blind me for life. [:D]

PenWorks

William, I just read there was a new world record set by a Canadian
for the longest sniper kill, over 2600 meters, I'm trying to figure out how you see that far even with a good scope.
But your safe, your outside of my range [:D]
I have been building my new "death rifle",(I have to name everything) it's a .300 RSAUM I would be happy to put basket ball size groups at a 1000 yards! [;)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by penworks
<br />William, I just read there was a new world record set by a Canadian
for the longest sniper kill, over 2600 meters, I'm trying to figure out how you see that far even with a good scope.
But your safe, your outside of my range [:D]
I have been building my new "death rifle",(I have to name everything) it's a .300 RSAUM I would be happy to put basket ball size groups at a 1000 yards! [;)]

Why would you want to kill a perfectly innocent basketball[?] [;)]

OK, maybe I deserve to be your first target. [:D]

PenWorks

Hey Fred, I'm working on them. I would be happy just to trade my pens for pipe suppliess. They are putting together a pipe, pen, knife show in downtown Phoenix in Feb. 06, I plan to attend. I'll put info here later in others in Arizona want to display, tables are $50.00

RT. sorry to hear you went blind, I guess we won't be seeing your pens around no more [:D]

woodpens

Great looking pens, Anthony. I cannot see the tubes in any of them. Did you paint them before gluing them in the blanks? Very nice job!

wayneis

Thats real nice looking material, is there any web sites or a place where one could purchase a little bit of it? I'm trying to picture a pipe made out of it and its not coming through. What part of the pipe do they use it for? It looks similar to some 2" square blocks that I just got from PSI that they were closing out. I haven't cut any of it yet but I did turn a treen with one of the green blocks and it looks real nice, I'll have to cut up a block for pen blanks and give it a turn.

Wayne

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Well-designed and executed, Anthony. I still have mixed feelings about "plastic" pens, but you and Ed Davidson make convincing arguments for them!

PenWorks

Thanks for the comments,
Jim, I did paint the tubes black, but only because I have not used these colors
before. I could have gotten away without painting them.

Wayne, go to www.pipemakers.org they use this material for the stems or mouthpieces
of the pipe. Some of these guys, turn really fancy stems. The photos they post
are awfull pictures, but any of the colors are nice. Very thick stock, varies
between 3/4 to 1" about 18" long and I think it's 10.00 a stick.

wayneis

Well I couldn't stand it and had to order some of these blanks. There lucite rods are 7/8" square by 18" long so will do any of the large pens. I think that the Company may start advertising here soon.

Wayne

wayneis

Well I recieved my RODS today and all I can is WOW OH WOW, man I can't wait to turn some of them. They are spactacular especially the Phantom Grey, thats just super. You know how the lines swirl on some of these blanks, well this is a double lines and I've never seen anything like. Thanks Anthony.

Wayne

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
They are sweet Wayne... the Black/Silver Baron in my album is that material.. it is also softer to cut than normal acrylic... I have to get a couple of the other colors I bought turned.. can't let Tony have all the glory... LOL
I also bought some Cumberland rod that I need to get done soon... that stuff looks really nice...

PenWorks

Well Tom, if you didn't spend so much time here talking about it,
you might actually get to that stuff and make some pens ! [:D]
That cumberland is really nice.

wayneis

Tom, I'm going to try to get at a piece of it today, I'm finishing a set for my Brother-in-law's B-day. They had a $100.00 minimum for first time orders so I ended up buying 11 or 12 rods so I have a nice supply to work through. I didn't get any of the cumberland and am disapointed, I'll have to place another order I guess. They also have a bunch of new colors and I want to try some of those, I especially want to try a piece of the Tiger color. Yes, I'll post pic's.

Now we had both be getting to work or Anthony will end up confiscating our lucites. LOL

Wayne

PenWorks

Wayne, you should wait a week or two, by them they should have the new stock of black ebonite from Germany.

You guys forced my hand, I axed the zebra and reshot the pics [:D]

wayneis

Anthony pics look much better. Do you like the ebonite better than the cumberland rod? Their photo's are kind of hard to make out but the cumberland looked to me like it would have swirls of red going through. If I had to make a suggestion to them is that they need better photos of their rods, other than that their products are very nice and I couldn't believe how fast my shipment arrived, like several days before I expected it.

Wayne

PenWorks

I think the cumberland has more flavor to it, with the nice red streaks. But if you want a real nice black pen, I think the ebonite is tops. If you had to pick just one, I would go with the cumberland. But knowing you, I sure you want them both. LOL

I don't know who is doing their web site, but he should be shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom