Full Size "Circles in a Forest"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

Jr. Gent rollerball dressed in Coastal Red Milkwood with dyed wood veneers and aluminum.

All comments and critiques greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

1_JG-RB-BTi-0001.jpg

1_JG-RB-BTi-0001-2.jpg

Texatdurango

Looks like one of the outer loops is about 1/64" wider than the other... was that intentional? :tongue:

Actually, seeing this design bugs me. Remember the bloodwood and brass design you did many moons ago? Just last night I was moving some stuff around near my scroll saw and came across the last attempts I made at doing that design. Here I am retired and supposed to have all the time in the world and yet I can't make one simple design........ it's aggravating!

Excellent work (and a very steady hand) as usual!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
There must be something in the Florida water that enables you guys to make such precision instruments of writing. Yet another masterful execution of your craftsmanship. Well done Keith.

akbar24601

Don't go dragging me into this Gary! Keith outshines me any day of the week! His workmanship is superb and I can only hope to learn from him!!!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Just a reminder that my birthday is the 13th (traditional)
.. and on the 19th (observed) however, it is not a state holiday.
Gift wrapping is not necessary.

jskeen

That is very near perfection. I actually think that the curve of the pen body accentuates the arches and curves of the segments and makes them look even more harmonious. I'm gratified to see a suggestion that I offered actually worked out well and produced good results for someone. Bravo!!

Now, I wonder........ is it possible to cut a matching centerband or finial out of that blank? (wicked evil grin)

mrburls

Awesome pen Keith.
Hope some day I find the time to master making a pen like that.
I am always impressed with the eye pleasing design of a pen like that.
Keep up the great work, Keith "mrburls"

VisExp

Thank you everyone for all the kind words. They are very heartwarming!

Actually, seeing this design bugs me. Remember the bloodwood and brass design you did many moons ago? Just last night I was moving some stuff around near my scroll saw and came across the last attempts I made at doing that design. Here I am retired and supposed to have all the time in the world and yet I can't make one simple design........ it's aggravating!

The solutions pretty simple George. You need to come work in the construction industry here in Florida. Then you'll have all the time in the world to finish those projects you've put on the back burner because of your hectic retirement schedule :biggrin:

There must be something in the Florida water that enables you guys to make such precision instruments of writing

Well I used to live in Zephyrhills Bruce :biggrin:

Sweeet pen Keith, you must be going to give Steve a run for the money, lol. Very nice pen.

Thanks Gary, but the only person I'm competing with is myself :) Like many of the pen makers work here on the IAP I find Steve's work very inspiring and motivating. I spend way to much time drooling over the work in SOYP :biggrin:

Simply beautiful Keith....I don't think that the winged one would have been able to contain himself. Done him proud.

Thank you Dawn! Eagle is never far from my thoughts when I'm out tinkering in my workshop. I still aspire to what he could do with a pen blank.

I'm gratified to see a suggestion that I offered actually worked out well and produced good results for someone. Bravo!!

Now, I wonder........ is it possible to cut a matching centerband or finial out of that blank? (wicked evil grin)

James, you remembered your comments! I think of them just about every time I go to shape a pen. Thanks again for reminding me not to get so caught up in the design of a pen that I forget the fundamentals of fit, form and finish :) I'll work on a custom finial or centerband next time :wink:

WOW!! VERY cool Keith!

Rick, your advice about a center drill has saved many a blank for me, this one being no exception!

Last edited:

bitshird

Keith, Great work, nice execution, I think there must be something in the Florida water, You and Steve are doing such tremendously beautiful work, it's quite inspiring.

nava1uni

ABSOLUTELY EXQUISITE! Excuse me while I go get a tissue to wipe the droll off of my lips. I am amazed by your pen. You are an artist. It is truly something to admire. Thank you for sharing.

Top Bottom