"FROZEN"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

A couple of pens I put together for my 2 four year old Grandaughters over the weekend. First is Anna on a Longwood Click Pen kit in 10K gold from Rockler. The base is a turned Maple blank colored in Dioxazine Purple. Anna was added and iridescent diamond dust covers the purple background, giving it a star filled sky effect. Deco-Podge sealed the transfer sticker and background. 15 coats of thick CA built up the finish. Maple barrel was colored sanded to remove all grain. CA finish was sanded to 600 and One-Step Plastic Polish brought the pen to a shine. White spots in third photo are the stars shining. You need to turn the pen to get the full effect !!
Second is Elsa on a Artisan Patriot Pen kit in Black Chrome from CSUSA. A Maple blank also was the base for this pen. Barrel was coated in Snow White, Elsa added, and again Deco-Podge was used to seal the entire pen. A mauve snowflake was added to the rear of the pen, and 15 coats of thick CA used for the finish. Sanded to 600 and Polished with One-Step. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0084 (327x800).jpg
    DSCF0084 (327x800).jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCF0085 (348x800).jpg
    DSCF0085 (348x800).jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF0086 (327x800).jpg
    DSCF0086 (327x800).jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF0087 (402x800).jpg
    DSCF0087 (402x800).jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCF0088 (800x592).jpg
    DSCF0088 (800x592).jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

A couple of pens I put together for my 2 four year old Grandaughters over the weekend. First is Anna on a Longwood Click Pen kit in 10K gold from Rockler. The base is a turned Maple blank colored in Dioxazine Purple. Anna was added and iridescent diamond dust covers the purple background, giving it a star filled sky effect. Deco-Podge sealed the transfer sticker and background. 15 coats of thick CA built up the finish. Maple barrel was colored sanded to remove all grain. CA finish was sanded to 600 and One-Step Plastic Polish brought the pen to a shine. White spots in third photo are the stars shining. You need to turn the pen to get the full effect !!
Second is Elsa on a Artisan Patriot Pen kit in Black Chrome from CSUSA. A Maple blank also was the base for this pen. Barrel was coated in Snow White, Elsa added, and again Deco-Podge was used to seal the entire pen. A mauve snowflake was added to the rear of the pen, and 15 coats of thick CA used for the finish. Sanded to 600 and Polished with One-Step. Jim S

Nice pens, but as the father of a little girl I can tell you that the first pen is Elsa and the second is Anna.

Last edited:

turncrazy43

Nice job Jim. Iam sure they will be treasured and used often. Thanks for showing them to us.

plantman

Nice pens, but as the father of a little girl I can tell you that the first pen is Elsa and the second is Anna.

Thanks for that correction Steve. I knew I should have asked the four year old who was who !!!!! Jim S

plantman

Those are great, bet they will love them.

When my wife gave one grandaughter her pen the other day, she held it to her heart, and said it was the best gift she ever was given. Today she brought it to school for show and tell, and it was the center of conversation in the class. She told everyone that her grandpa made it for her and that she was the only one in the world that had a pen like this one. Needless to say she was very proud of her pen. PRICELESS !!!! Jim S

Top Bottom