from turkey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akin

HELLO

I'M AKIN. I WANT TO MAKE PEN. NOBODY WHO MAKE PEN LIVES HERE AND THERE ISN'T NOWHERE WHICH SELL PEN KITS IN TURKEY. SO, I NEED YOUR HELPS AND DEVICES ABOUT THESE TOPICS. I WANT TO LEARN HOW I MAKE PEN, WHERE I CAN BUY PEN KIT AND WHERE I CAN BUY DEVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS TO MAKE PEN? THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

SICERELY...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day Akin, welcome from the land of the kangaroos...!

In the Internet world, writing messages in capital letter, means that you are "shouting", I'm sure that is not the case but, I'm simply giving a friendly advice and suggest you write in lowercase on your keyboard...!:)

As for being in Turkey, it may not be the best place to buy pen turning equipment, pen kits and other stuff but, you are in paradise when it comes to the best Walnut in the world so, I don't think that you will be struggling to find Walnut pen blanks...!:wink:

You can buy/order everything you need from many possible countries however, I believe you will find better prices/deals and more variety if buying from the USA.

Here is Australia, I have many places where I can buy stuff however, there are lots of items that I prefer to order from the USA, I get better prices even with the shipping added. I have also experience receiving items ordered from the USA that were ordered in the same day as other items from Australian suppliers and the USA order arrived first...! No bull.

You can look to purchase a starting kit, that contains the small lathe, some gouges, other tools to make pens and some pen kits and blanks for you to start with.

Is not going to be difficult to help you to set up with everything you need to start with, and depending how much money you want to invest, you can purchase a few other items that you will need soon, such as a chuck for the lathe, sharpening gear, some drilling equipment and accessories and pretty much anything you are willing to purchase as a package and get a better price as a result.

Below are just some of the places where you could start by having a look and see what they offer as "pen turning starting/starter kits"

Wood Pen Turning Kits, Pen Supplies, Wood Pen Parts & Accessories

Pen Making-Supplies. (COM) Pen Kits,Pen Blanks & Pen Turning Supplies

Pen Making Starter Kits with Bushings and Drill Bit | Craft Supplies USA

http://www.penmakingsupplies.com/pen-making-starter-sets/#starter_set

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/pen-turning-starter-sets.html

Many more suppliers are available and I'm sure that, other members with also help you with the right advice and possible suggestions of the correct gear to get.

It can be confusing so, I suggest that you take some notes of the suggestions given here, lathe size and better models, best tools to turn pen blanks, drilling, sanding, finishing stuff and everything in between...!

Best of luck...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

walshjp17

Welcome aboard, Akin. George has some good advice there. Do your research and when you are ready, let us know what you are looking at and I'm sure we'll all let you know our opinions.:biggrin:

plano_harry

Welcome from Texas!
Texas_120-animated-flag-gifs.gif

rrfd4

Merhaba Ahbabım. That is about all of the Turkish I remember from the 1960's being stationed in Turkey while serving in the U S Air Force. Welcome Akin.

Top Bottom