From Plan A To Plan B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Plan A was to make a 8.5" bowl this afternoon out of a heavily spalted piece of buckeye . A chunk flew off of the side of it when roughing it out so went on to plan B and made a 6" Tea light out of what was left of it.
W.Y.
338713720.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSallee

Nice save! I like it.... but Don't show this to my wife though cause she'll want me to make some of those for her... LOL

W.Y.

Tea Lights.....hmmmmm that sounds like fun , thanks .

I make them in all shapes and sizes and price ranges to suit anybodys budjet . Very easy to make and excellent craft sale sellers now that the battery operated Tea lights are available for 50 cents each.

Originally with the little wax cup tea lights I could not display them with the flame at outdoor sales. . The new plastic battery operated ones can be turned on for display inside or outside. Some have flickering light and some are solid light.
I found unless some are lit , they don't sell but if some are they sell real good.
Here are a few I made several weeks ago.Getting ready for pre-Christmas craft sales in November and December.

LargeTeaLights3.jpg

5TeaLights.jpg

W.Y.

Jim.
You can get those Tea lights in packages of two for a dollar at most any dollar stores . They also have the packages of batteries for them for $1.00 as a card of 4 to 6 depending on the store.

I sell Tea lights for anywhere from $5.00 to $69.00.

The large spalted ones shown above go for $39.00

I made three like this one a few years ago with choice birdseye maple and walnut. Two sold for $69.00 each and the third one is still on our coffee table. Wife won't let me sell it .
At that time I was using the glass well oil lamps with wick which cost too much and were messy to fill and light and were probably dangerous so I quit using them.
The wax T lights or the Electric ones fit in the same hole.

It's amazing what people will pay for stuff if it nicely done and well finished.

W.Y.

123192557.jpg

123192424.jpg

Top Bottom