From New Zealand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

Hi Everyone!! I have been tortured to join your forum, by your lovely member creativewriting:eek: he has been trying to get me to join for months now. I didnt because I am a polymer clay artist, not a woodturner. BUT I LOVE pens!! Especially Fountain pens, so I caved in today and joined:biggrin:

I am originally from New Jersey/New York State moved to New Zealand July 07 and have been trying to get home ever since. Hoping this year will be the last. I have been working with polymer clay since 1997 and currently have an etsy shop that sells raw polymer clay canes, pens, beads, mirrors, whatever..

Ok, Keith go for it!! Have fun!!:clown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Tortured is such strong language!

Welcome to the group T. Your canework in your pen making is outstanding...as I have said before. For those of you that don't know the process of making a cane all of the color shading and design is blended by hand. The canes are built and reduced to create the designs seen on the pens. Toni's canes are some of the best.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Toni! AS said by others - BEAUTIFUL WORK! CreativeWriter deserves some some accolades for getting you here. Pens are not limited to wood or cast resin. Join in the fun! With your experience and professionalism, you are ahead of the game here in PC pens!

Just let us see some of the expressions of your creativity in pens! Love the work that is on your website!

You do not need this next part but we do offer it to those that are new here, and we didn't want to leave you out. Here are links to some threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/Acronyms.pdf[/QUOTE]

Old Lar

Welcome from South Dakota.
My wife and I visited NZ last March for two weeks. My sister lives in Auckland.
It is a beautiful country and we enjoyed it very much--all but the flight.
Checked out your websites and admire your talent. My attempts looked good to me until then.
Wow do I need to practice. Anyway, welcome.

Toni

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!!

Old Lar try the flight from New York State for 3 kids...OMG sooo long, sooo many movies we watched, we stayed overnight in LA... Its a killer flight!! As for my work, I have been working with polymer clay since 1997, dont compare your work to mine..I would love to see your work!!

Toni,
Welcome from East Tennessee... never been to New Zealand, but would like to go sometime before I get too old.... you don't say where you are from in NZ... I always like to check out actual locations ... being an ex-international shipping manager I am always interested in geography... I had an opportunity to meet and get to know a fellow international shipper from Christchurch a few years back... we kept in touch for a while, but have since lost connection... also have shipped to Auckland.

One of my daughter's world travel trips took her to NZ.. think she was on the south island and her boy friend at the time proposed there... didn't work out, but was romantic anyway.

Toni

Thank you for the welcome!!

TellicoTurning: I live in a town called, Rangiora. South Island about 30 minutes north of christchurch. With saying that you would love to go to new zealand one day, I have spent a few weeks in Tenn back in my younger, single days and LOVED that state!!! Friendly people, sexy accents:biggrin: Yes I was dating someone from the south!! BUT the bugs are HUGE!!! I mean like BIG!! LOL I love southern food especially Okra, slimy, deep fried whatever...

Lenny

Welcome Toni!
Let me get this straight.... you're in New Zealand and you WANT to come back to Jersey? :tongue::biggrin:

Your work with polymer clay is terrific! I'm curious, based on some posts I've read on this forum, how the pens hold up over time? Have you had any develop cracks etc. Do you wrap them to finish size or finish turn them on a lathe?

A friend of my son's went back packing in New Zealand/Australia and had some extraordinary photos from his trip. Can't wait to go back to your site to see some of yours! :)

Toni

Lenny that is correct!! As for the pens, I have been making them for a long time and haent had a single problem. Cracks are usually the result of poor clay conditioning as well as the clay used, ie..sculpeyIII

Thank you Idelor!!

jskeen

Hey, just had to drop a note in here and say that I saw Flickr in your album, and immediately flashed back on the last Pink Floyd show I saw at Nassau Coliseum in 1988. Too bad he is not exactly kosher!

Ez men est khazer zol rinen ariber der bord.

James in Texas
(who is not exactly kosher either!)

jskeen

quote ("I have spent a few weeks in Tenn back in my younger, single days and LOVED that state!!! Friendly people, sexy accents:biggrin: Yes I was dating someone from the south!! BUT the bugs are HUGE!!! I mean like BIG!!")

Sheesh, you talk about bugs being huge in the south USA and then you move to NZ?? What about those crickets down there that beep when they back up? I mean Really! Those things could make a Bronx rat back up and say "fuggedaboudit, I godda be somwherz"

Just kidding, but it's been a while since I got to poke fun at somebody from Jersey :)

Toni

Robert and Fred thank you for the welcome!!

James you are killing me!! not exactly kosher?? I guess that means you saw Fiona as well?

OKLAHOMAN

Welcome Toni, I was going to include a link for you to go to but ...............................................................:wink: inside joke.

Top Bottom