Friend wants slender pen with distinct click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Roger Schlenz

A friend wants a slender click pen, 7mm or 8mm or thereabouts, with a distinct click. I showed her a Vertex click pen, but she said "too quiet". Also showed her a Slimline pro clicker. She said that was "ok", meaning Just barely ok. Anyone have suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ramaroodle

Easy answer. Give Ed at Exotic Blanks or Tim at WoodnWhimsies a call and just ask them. Assuming that she wants a nicer/heavier quality clicker? They would know which manufacturers have the better quality clickers.

Last edited:

magpens

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know of a 7 mm "clicker". . The Slimline Pro at 8 mm is one of the slimmest I know and I don't particularly like its action but if "she" likes it that's her choice. . There is also the PSI Duraclick EDC, which has now been on the market for 8 or 9 months. . But it would be much too quiet and mellow for your friend ! . However, IMHO, it is perhaps the "best" clicker in the kit pen universe ! . And it's 8 mm.

BTW ... this subject also came up yesterday, did it not ? ... check for other threads. . (or perhaps I should have my brain checked !)

ramaroodle

Is she one of those people who sits in a meeting and keeps clicking her pen? Also before you call them you can use the IAP tubes and bushings app. Go to the search bar and type in "8mm 8mm click" or "7mm 7mm click" (without the quotes) and you will get a list of click pens that use an a 7 or 8mm tube in one or both halves. Probably 60 or so show up. As an example...

Vf4PA6Ol.jpg

EZ Grasp Gelwriter
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

mrrichieboy

The problem is that the pen mechanisms with heavy click sounds are made primarily from plastic and have a high failure rate. The most reliable click mechanism is the all metal Schmidt mechanism as was mentioned in the EDC series from PSI, or the Vertex as you mentioned. These will literally last forever. The customer needs to decide which is more important, the click sound or the reliability of the silent clicker.

penicillin

Someone else recently asked about the thinnest pens that take Parker size refills. I suggested a Slimline Pro, which is a click pen. I included a photo showing two Slimline pens (for size comparison) and a Slimline Pro pen and pencil set. See below.

The Slimline Pro gets mixed reviews from others, but I like it a lot. That pen and pencil set in the photo are my everyday favorite set on my desk. It has a firm, clicky-sounding clicker.

Slimline and Slimline Pro.JPG

Top Bottom