Freestyle Casting Contest - 2017 Bash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Okay, Here we go for this years Freestyle Casting Contest. I've modified the rules from last year and will require a finished pen and photo.

NOTE: Any implied reference to any other contests or contest organizers whether actual or imaginary is strictly coincidental and on purpose!

Entries for the "Freestyle Casting Contest" will begin accepted starting Feb. 1st, 2016 and will end Feb. 20th, 2016 at 11:59pm Mountain Standard. NO EXCEPTIONS!

How to Enter:

You must submit the information below when submitting your blank/s. Any blank/s posted to this thread or anyone revealing their work will be disqualified.

Your entry must have been "DISQUALIFIED" from the "Basic Casting" and the "Polymer Clay" Contests.

Use this email to send your entries to. : Freestyle.Casting@penturners.org Please include your IAP member Id, real Name and address with your entry.

Who Determines the Winners:

A members poll will be created for your peers to vote. Voting will begin on Feb. 22nd until Feb. 24th at High Noon MST. The top 3 vote recipients will then be entered in the finalists poll which will begin Feb. 25th and end on Feb. 27 at11:59 pm EST. The winners will be revealed Feb. 28th.

All contestants must comply with the Universal Contest Rules in addition to the following rules.

Rules for the Freestyle Casting Contest:

1 - The object of the contest is to create a pen blank using one or more of many casting techniques. You may attach an object or objects to a brass tube/s and then cast it in resin - or - you may cast your item/s then drill the blank and glue in the tube.

2 - The objects you attach or cast can be made by any means. Once cast they may only be turned on a lathe to final dimensions.

3 – Your creation may be one blank for a single body style or two for a double body or body and cap style pen.

4 - This contest is about creating a blank/s and using it to produce a pen.

5 - Each submission must be photographed during the 4 phases as follows:
Before Casting showing the materials used
After the blank is cast right from the mold
Show the blank on the lathe turned and with finish complete
A picture of the finished assembled pen
6 - To enter the contest you must submit to the email listed above. You must submit 4 photographs. Photos need to be 800x600 with a maximum file size of 256kb.

7 - Your submission must include brief description of the materials and process used in the creation of the blank.

8 - Photographs should be on a plane background without props of any sort. A clear plastic pen stand is acceptable. Remember that you will be judged based on your photographs submitted.

9 - Please include your member ID, real name and address along with your entry.

Prizes

First - A chuck from Kms Tools $90 (Nova or G3)and A gift certificate from Alumilite for $25
Second - Medium Flat rate box of wood for casting from BURLMAN $50
Third - A $25 gift certificate from WoodnWhimsies

If there are any questions or concerns about your entry please contact me via PM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Is everyone thinking they will get a pressure pot for Valentines Day? :present:
Let's get those entries in.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

As it turns out i will not make it in time so I am out. Will take my time now and get it done at a latter date. Have a couple contests to finish. Good luck all. :)

Mr Vic

Just in case you are holding back due to the following rule:

"Your entry must have been "DISQUALIFIED" from the "Basic Casting" and the "Polymer Clay" Contests."

Don't. . . This is an inside joke between contest coordinators. And maybe I can steal away some of his entrants. :biggrin:

CREID

The way it works is.
If you don't qualify for this contest, then you probably qualify for
The Basic Casting contest or The Polyclay contest.
:bananen_smilies027:

Ccla7247

Time to put that Valentine's Day gift to work

Looks like I joined the group just in time for the BASH.

I just got a pressure pot and stabilizer for Valentine's Day. What a great weekend to test it out.

Last edited:

Mr Vic

There are some awesome prizes waiting to be claimed by the winners. Of course, I've been informed, you need to enter to win.

No purchase is necessary. Entries close at 11:59 pm tomorrow night

Mr Vic

Ya all have a little under an hour and a half to get in your entries. Got to get up for work early so I'm heading to bed and will accept or deny entries based on the email time stamp.

There are some awesome entries this year!

Good Luck to all!

Top Bottom