Fraudulent shipping nitifications??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Notifications. Where's autocorrect when you really need it??

Recently, I've had a rash of orders that I've received shipping notifications for, that were not actually shipped. A couple were eBay orders from China companies. After several weeks, they eventually admitted that the items weren't ever in stock. One was an order from Tanga.com, where they emailed a shipping notification, with invalid tracking number, and forgot to take the order out of processing on the website. Never had it in stock. This last one was an eBay order from a place right in Jersey. Got the notification 8am Monday morning, and it still hasn't arrived in Philly. (Arrival date was Thursday, and it experience indicates that it most likely should have arrived Wednesday.) I contacted them after the mail came today, and was given a quick refund. Seems like, if they'd actually shipped it, they would have asked that I wait till next week to see if it came. Wondering if this is as widespread as my recent experience would indicate. Has anyone else had this issue recently?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I have ordered several things from China with no problems so far. Sometimes the shipping is a little slow, and sometimes it is here in 10 days to two weeks. Everything I have ordered so far from China has come with no shipping charges added. I try to order through Amazon so my orders are covered by them. Only other problem was orders sitting in United States Customs waiting to be cleared. I have had a shipment received that was rewrapped and had items missing from Customs. Jim S

I've mostly had good experience with Chinese sellers. I've also had some delays, which is to be expected. These recent issues were with companies, both Chinese and American, going so far as to email fictitious tracking numbers for items they didn't even have in stock, much less ship. For all but this last order, the companies actually admitted to it, after having me waiting for an imaginary package for as long as a month and a half.

stonepecker

Just had a shipment of stone returned to China by Customs. Seems they found a little bug on the ship and refused to let the ship come into port. Shipment is now delayed by 5 weeks. I expect that by the time the stone gets here, the snow balls will be flying.

I do get a kick out of the crap some of these companies try to pull. Since the part I ordered last weekend didn't get here when it was supposed to, the tracking number remained invalid, and the company wasn't responding to email other than to say it was shipped Monday, I opened a case with eBay after the mail came on Friday. They also refunded my full payment on Friday. Good. All done with them, and I just have to find a screen when I get to Columbus.

I get an email 5am this morning, saying the part was shipped, and for me to refuse the package, so I don't have to pay to send it back to them.?.? I checked tracking, and, for whatever reason they finally decided to ship it after I opened the case on Friday, and before giving me my money back. Too funny.

penmaker1967

i did a order with hutts 2 weeks this past fri and when i called yesterday about it the guy i talked to ( which was the same person that i placed the order with) told me that the blanks had to be drilled and he would get on it and ship out today. how long does it take to drill out 2 duck call kits.

i did a order with hutts 2 weeks this past fri and when i called yesterday about it the guy i talked to ( which was the same person that i placed the order with) told me that the blanks had to be drilled and he would get on it and ship out today. how long does it take to drill out 2 duck call kits.
I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say a little over 2 weeks.

Top Bottom