Frame to hold logs for chainsaw?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Not necessarily for small turnings but I need something to hold logs of all sizes to cut with a small electric chainsaw. I also have a gas saw. Any photos, links, etc., are most appreciated. I have logs from 4 inches to 12 inches.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

Have a look at this

Woodchipper

Have a look at this
Found a couple of DIY sawbucks on YouTube. Both fold up for storage. Can keep it in the storage building outside. Draper is too heavy plus coming from England which would cost a fortune in shipping. Thanks to all.

MedWoodWorx

Found a couple of DIY sawbucks on YouTube. Both fold up for storage. Can keep it in the storage building outside. Draper is too heavy plus coming from England which would cost a fortune in shipping. Thanks to all.
I just uploaded it to give a diy idea. There are many solutions to cut wood into cookies or firewood. The tricky thing is to make up with something to cut wood slabs. Cheers

PreacherJon

I will use a saddle buck, 3rd picture, when I cannot lift a log up on a stump. When I can lift it up, I'll use 45 degree wedge blocks to hold the log I'm cutting still. I have a designed sawbuck for woodturners where you can rip and cross cut. But this method is so much easier. There is a video out there where I learned this technique. I'll try to hunt it down for you.

Attachments

• Maple1l.jpg
    Maple1l.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 1a.png
    1a.png
    739.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 1bb.jpg
    1bb.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 76

PreacherJon

Not necessarily for small turnings but I need something to hold logs of all sizes to cut with a small electric chainsaw. I also have a gas saw. Any photos, links, etc., are most appreciated. I have logs from 4 inches to 12 inches.
Here is a video that I learned from, adapted what he does... you may have to as well.

Top Bottom