Fountain Pen Nibs - threads, suppliers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

petenz123

Hi all

Have been lurking here for a while and admiring your work.

I would like to build myself fountain pens from metal or acrylic (I'm not a big wood person...), and I was intending to build from scratch (not a kit).

I'm having trouble finding fountain pen nibs which have the following important attributes:
1) Vendor ships outside of USA
2) Someone can tell me what size the threads are!

I did find a very helpful seller (Beartooth Woods) who shipped me some for a great price, but unfortunately he doesn't know what the thread size is - just what kits they fit.

So if anyone can recommend a place to buy from, or happens to know the size of the Beartooth Woods nibs, please let me know.

Naturally, if this project ever produces a finished pen, I'll post a picture!

Thanks!
Pete

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigShed

Perhaps try here, Elliot Landes certainly has the nibs (and threaded tubes), don't know whether he can help you with the thread size though. And yes, he does ship outside the US.

http://penmakers.com/used.html/url].../topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36321&SearchTerms=italian

petenz123

Thanks, BigShed

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I contact Elliot Landes?

I searched the members list, but couldn't find him....

Pete

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Have you contact either Lou or Anthony. They are both members here, they both sell gold and steel nibs, they can help you with thread sizes, and I am sure they will send out of the US. Look for "DCBluesman" and "PenWorks" in the membership list.

petenz123

Thanks for the link - I have emailed him, and hopefully he will be able to help.

Pete

petenz123

Originally posted by RussFairfield

Have you contact either Lou or Anthony. They are both members here, they both sell gold and steel nibs, they can help you with thread sizes, and I am sure they will send out of the US. Look for "DCBluesman" and "PenWorks" in the membership list.

Thanks Russ!

Pete

Top Bottom