Fountain pen in soothing colors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

I recently rediscovered a forgotten box of liquid diamonds blanks I made a couple of years ago. Here's the result of combining two of these blanks :)
C&C welcome.

XC3Y7776.jpg XC3Y7777.jpg XC3Y7779.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

I agree on the colors - very appealing. Lovely profile and I also like the end caps and rings (brass?). Well done Fred. 👍
Thanks Mark! The end caps are made from the same blank as the section (made with the "Black Onyx" mica from Black Diamond Pigments), the rings are actually copper.

CjG78

Lovely Fred! That blank is a stunner. I love your thin rings on the finials, they look lovely. Is the cap longer than the barrel or am I seeing things??

Fred Bruche

Lovely Fred! That blank is a stunner. I love your thin rings on the finials, they look lovely. Is the cap longer than the barrel or am I seeing things??
The barrel actually is on the left in the capped pictures, it is longer than the cap by about 1cm :) I was going for a "panache pen" look but there was a change of plan due to some technical issues 😅 And another thing, towards the end I was getting nervous about the center copper ring possibly detaching as turning metal rings generates heat that could "melt" the epoxy gluing it. A fix for that is planned for the next iteration.
Thanks mate!

Top Bottom