Fountain Pen Converter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

Typically, yes. "Standard International Cartridge Converter" fits almost every kit fountain pen.

(The only one I know of where there's a problem is one from the Smitty Pen Works range now sold by Exotic Blanks. The threaded coupler where the nib section screws in is just a smidge too small for the fattest part - typically where the "handle" meets the body of the converter -- to pass through.)

Bope

My daughter has a problem getting a converter with the metal band into one of her Jr. George. I think it comes down to how much plating each individual pen has. In general I would say yes to your question.

Todd in PA

I had this exact problem with the jr George and the Schmidt converter. I discovered the metal ring on the converter fits through the bottom. It's a pita, but you can insert it at the other end and it will come through enough to attach the nib and then screw everything together. If that makes sense.

darrin1200

The Barron kit is another one that has problems with the converters with the metal band, such as the Schmidt K5 and K6 converters. However the K1 with no band works well. This is the converter that comes with a lot of kits.

1675169404568.png

monophoto

I have a couple of pens where the barrel is extremely narrow, and metal-banded converters are a very tight fit. But they do fit - just snugly.

There are pens that use standard international cartridges, but that can't use converters. As far as I know, the issue in every instance is that the barrel is too short to accommodate the filling mechanism at the end of a converter. But I would not expect that situation to apply to kit pens in the Junior series.

Dannv

Just to add to the confusion, there is no "standard" in standard international converters. You will find differences in diameter and length between different brands.

Bope

Just to add to the confusion, there is no "standard" in standard international converters. You will find differences in diameter and length between different brands.
That's true. I forgot some have nibs on the end of the black filler thingy and others don't. Makes a difference in some pens for length.

Top Bottom