Found my lathe again!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RoxnDox

We had our entire house recarpeted this summer. So the garage got filled up with all kinds of "stuff" and it was pretty nuts…. And my wife retired, we went on a celebratory cruise, took a road trip to California to see lighthouses and family and Yosemite. As you might imagine, my lathe work area was filled with stuff and it has taken forever to get it uncovered. Well, today I finally got there and made a nice simple birthday gift for my Mum (86 in a few weeks). Felt good to actually go make something! Anyway, here's the scoop…. And no, I have no idea what the wood is, it came out of the scraps bin at Rockler…
FAF3FD51-EA82-465F-8F4A-E61AE99B797F.jpeg

sorcerertd

Yay, glad you found it! You don't realize how much "stuff" you have until you have to actually move it somewhere.

I know where mine is, but have to find time. Congrats on the carpet, the wife's retirement, and all the travel and celebrations. It appears ice cream will be scooped for a birthday soon!

bsshog40

I know how you feel. We moved and bought a new house. No woodworking for almost 2 years. Felt good and a little nervous getting back on the lathe. Still trying to motivate myself to get back in the habit of daily shop work. Nice little scoop!

Top Bottom