Found in the trash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

I found this in the trash today

2005101562030_photo%20stand%202.jpg

it has two 500 watt photo flood lights. a subject table and a background table. and so far works just fine.
here is a pic I took without doing much adjustment to the light position.

2005101562238_2005_1014Image0004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Daniel, have I told you lately how much you really tick me off.. [;)][;)][;)]
Fantastic find... about the only thing we find around here is broken parts to farm equipment..
Man I miss living in a city environment sometimes.. [:p][:p]

Daniel

Griz,
I work for the University. they have $100,000 pieces of trash at times. somebody decided to throw this out instead of tightening a few bolts. Of course they also keep telling us they have no money and can't give us any raises.
There are several Photo labs on campus so I often see equipment being thrown out. it is always really broken up and useless. this one was actually sat next to the dumpster. somebody knew it would be picked up and was still in good shape.
Don't be to mad though, just remember I still don't have a place to turn pens within 20 miles of my house.

Ron Mc

Why did you throw it away to begin with?[:D] Great find! There is nothing like lifting a dumpster lid and seeing something that needs to be dug out. WOW. Great dig. Was it laying on top or did you have to climb in and move stuff around? LOL

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Daniel
<br />Don't be to mad though, just remember I still don't have a place to turn pens within 20 miles of my house.

<b>20 miles</b>... I would kill to only have to drive 20 miles to get something... the closest Woodcraft or any woodworking store is at least an hour drive from here...
I purchase everything related to woodturning online because I can't get anything around here...

wayneis

Daniel do you have any idea what that baby is worth? Do a search for "Copy Stand" on ebay and you can get an idea. That one looks a little older than what you will find but it will give you an idea of how lucky you are.

Wayne

PenWorks

Good Find ! I'm sure your wife will love the fine addition to the livingroom furniture [:D] Now quit taking pictures and go find some more stuff. [:p]

Daniel

Griz,
That may not be that far fetched of a possibility around this campus. By the way, you and many other turners have come a very long way with your photography. the set ups I have seen posted here look more and more like what you would find in a studio.
it is great to see the improvments people are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom