Found and Saved

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larryreitz

Larryreitz

Quite some time ago (more than a year) I was trying to make a segmented pen with burl and a diamond shaped center in Paduk wood. While turning the burl ends blew out on me rendering it almost useless, the center with brass surround attached to it was still there, so I set it aside. Out of sight out of mind until I came across it this past week during a rare clean up session. I cleaned up the tube and painted it red. Then cast it with Liquid Diamonds epoxy with gold and blue colors. The tube color turned the blue purple and the yellow to a golden brown. Although I waited till the temperature of the epoxy was about 110 before I poured there was more color mixing than I had hoped for. Never the less, I am happy with how it came out. Comments? _MG_9449.jpg_MG_9450.jpg_MG_9451.jpg_MG_9452.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That pen is beautiful !!!

I would never have guessed that it went through an "accident" !!

VERY well done ... and thanks for showing !!!

northway

Accidents are opportunities waiting to happen. Unless you've hit it with a hammer or something then it's just an accident.

Larryreitz

Well done. I looked and looked and could not tell what was cast and what was not. Excellent!
Thanks Hank. The two end segments were cast. Contrast is rather low between the ends and the center. I thought it might be higher when I did it, but fortunately it came out with a bit of a "burly" look. Sometimes you just get lucky.
Larry

Top Bottom