Foredom Flexshafts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Would like to buy a kit. I need suggestions for a start up system. The 2272 looks like it has everything I need. I'll take suggestions or comments. Want to buy right the first time. Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

I have a Master Carver Set Up with the three handpieces as listed in this pic. The geared hand piece will open to 1/4". The smaller handpiece is lighter and easier for smaller bits and smaller hands. The reciprocating handpiece is cool too.
This is also 1/2 HP....plenty of power. I would suggest ordering a couple of replacement shaft cores in case you snap one.
I am very pleased with this unit....have the foot pedal control.....will probably get the table top speed controller too for steady consistent speed.
I also made a fixed bracket to mount the motor so it wouldn't rotate as it does with the hanging bail loop and support.

Last edited:

Charlie_W

Oops...here is the pic

Attachments

• 9ED0839F-F3B6-4B52-BF58-81D52BCA79BA.jpg
    9ED0839F-F3B6-4B52-BF58-81D52BCA79BA.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 200

WriteON

I have a Master Carver Set Up with the three handpieces as listed in this pic. The geared hand piece will open to 1/4". The smaller handpiece is lighter and easier for smaller bits and smaller hands. The reciprocating handpiece is cool too.
This is also 1/2 HP....plenty of power. I would suggest ordering a couple of replacement shaft cores in case you snap one.
I am very pleased with this unit....have the foot pedal control.....will probably get the table top speed controller too for steady consistent speed.
I also made a fixed bracket to mount the motor so it wouldn't rotate as it does with the hanging bail loop and support.

Looks like a great package. Any comments on customer service?

Charlie_W

Looks like a great package. Any comments on customer service?[/QUOTE]

I've only needed customer service once and that was because when I first bought the unit, which I bought it from a dealer who was in our club, She gave an additional discount as the unit had been sold and came back...said all it needed was the inner flex shaft and she gave me one. Turns out that the sheath was kinked as well. Trying to get it replaced through her didn't work well so I called customer service. They fixed me right up with a new sheath and inner core....no charge.
I also called customer service another time when inquiring about purchasing the reciprocating handpiece. They were very helpful and I ended up buying the Master Carver reciprocating handpiece even though another brand would fit and cost less.
This has been a very good purchase. I now use it more often when carving spoons to hog out the spoon bowl before going to hand scrapers and sandpaper.
It also works well with other carving bits for surface embellishment of different types.
Thought I have not used other brands, I can vouch for this unit and highly recommend it. It should last as long as I will need it. If used on a constant basis, one will need to replace motor brushes and the sheath with time....but this is normal wear just like brakes and tires on your car.

WriteON

Charlie W.

Thank you so much for your feedback. For now it will be used for small scratches in ring cores..(polish and hi-shine). As much as I will use it ...the tool should last for a few generations. I'm not carver but never know... I might tinker. I like the kit containing multiple hand pieces. It should be fun.

Top Bottom