Fordite Zen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

I wanted to make something special for my Father in Law this year. He is a car nut so this seemed appropriate.
Backstory on the blank:
From 1947-1995 my Uncle worked for Ford Motor Co. From 1970 to 1995 he painted mustangs. He and his friends were the first to start making stuff from the paint spray off slag. They coined the term "Fordite". About 8 years ago he dared me to make a pen. I did, it was a single barrel Gatsby type. Last year he sent me 2 more chunks. Wanted me to make him a pen he could hold (Arthritis is bad in his hand). I did, but because of its shape, I am not a fan. I had the left over blank and decided this would make a good pen for the FiL.
I don't recall any Fordite pens on here before the one I made years ago, but I have seen several since and they sure are pretty. This one is a little plain, but the history is what makes it for me. Finished with CA. Comments and critiques welcome.
B6A2BC5A-0993-4B5F-AD5A-9CC7AB0AB575.jpeg
C0E417AE-C1B9-4FB0-B88B-2E5D54DA7780.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
So you're the one! 😁 Plain? I don't think so. It looks awesome to me Hans. But I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
Thanks for the info on Fordite!

Top Bottom