Fordite on an Anvil EDC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from carlmorrell

carlmorrell

Thought I would try "stacking". I guess stacking is hidden segmenting! I took one blank, and cut 45 degree angle pieces. Different. Maybe next time I'll try 30 degrees.
IMG_3088.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Carl, that is wonderful. đź‘Ť . If I understand that you cut and stacked segments on a 45 degree angle, you have my admiration. I detect no glue lines. The angles all meet up. Very nice. A different angle may be nice, but I love what you did!

carlmorrell

Carl, that is wonderful. đź‘Ť . If I understand that you cut and stacked segments on a 45 degree angle, you have my admiration. I detect no glue lines. The angles all meet up. Very nice. A different angle may be nice, but I love what you did!

Thanks Mark. It was not has difficult as I had anticipated. I made a two piece clamp-up jig, and 3 clamps. Since this fordite was a slab and already basically flat, just a quick pass with 150 grit on a flat surface just to rough up the shiny parts and flatten out the little bumps. This was 4 pieces. Two parallelograms in the middle and triangles on the ends.

carlmorrell

Ok, comparing apples to oranges to bananas. Different kit, different metal, different fordite slab. But the purpose of this exercise to was to see how a 30 degree segment looks. I like it better, I feel the 30 shows off more of each color. Next stop 15-20 degrees. Opinions?
IMG_3090.JPG

Top Bottom