For Sale, Snake Oils.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here are a few rattle snake pens. I tried a new casting technique with them. When cast in a flat mold, you have to secure them somehow from floating.(which for me was a pain) I cast these using an embedded method and a two part pour. I let the first pour set up, then gently placed the barrels in pressing them into the first pour just enough to hold them, then poured a secound batch of resin in. There is no visable line between the pours and turning is not a problem. Thanks for looking.....

2005425194919_snakepens3.jpg

200542519505_snake_blank.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Great looking pens. When I read about all the fun you have pouring resin, I am always glad that I do not have any free time to try it.

GregD

AWSOME pens Anthony. Thanks for the info. I'm not ready to try my own castings yet but I will be in the near future. I only hope mine come out half as nice as yours have.

SSSSSizzling pens. Do you kill your own snakes or simply order your skins? If you kill them, do you make snake soup or some other delicacy with it the meat. [:p]

swm6500

Nice looking pens Anthony. Now let me show my ignorance. Is the snake skin glued to the brass tubes or what? Just curious, may have to try it sometime.

Fleabit

Very nicely done! I would have thought you would have gotten a tell tale line from the two pours. Glad to hear it doesnt happen. Very beautiful snake skin. What kind is it? Great job on those.

PenWorks

Thanks for the comments....

JP , my motto is still, I haven't met a rattle snake I liked. [xx(] At least now I have a use for them, as long as I find them, before they find me.

Sam, the skins glued to the brass tube with CA, then placed in the mold. I use base wax to seal the ends.

Sorry Pastor Bill, you won't find any snakes in my crock pot [:D] I throw them over the hill so the other critters can have any easy meal for a change.[B)]

PenPauli

Anthony, great looking pens I really like rattlesnake pens and those are the best I've seen. Very nice. I wish I could do castings myself but I don't even know where to beging. Great job!

its_virgil

Anthony,
Very Nice! I'm turning a couple of patriots I cast last Friday evening. Hope they come out half as nice as yours. I'm trying the two pour method next. Thanks for sharing.

Do a good turn daiy!
Don

WoodChucker

Anthony, those look fantastic to say the least! Have you ever made a bullet pen using the snake skin? Seems like it would be a big seller in your area. Anyway, thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom