For Sale all my Pen Turning Stuff- In Sacramento, CA area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

The come a time when you have to say good by to some of you hobbies. At 78 the time has come. Lot of reason, Wife health, Son who has PTSD and Cancer who live with us and his Twin son and daughter (17) and just a lack of interest. I don't sell but did give many away and have a nice collection for me. but other that 2 pens on the lathe now, which have been there since summer it time for them to go. Lathe mounted on Roll around tool box full of tools and stuff, many, kits and blanks, slow speed sharpener and some casting supplies. I want to sell as a group, no splitting it or shipping if you live in Northern California bring bring you truck take it all. I have put a price of $2500 on but it be best offer as I have no clue what it is actually worth. Contact me a tbroye@yahoo.com and come by a see it. bring your mask, wife spent 2 week in hospital with double Pneumonia in March not Covid related but the treated like it was scared the hell out us and doctor has grounded he to July so we take precautions. Contact me for more pictures DEE07C53-8319-470A-9140-96217E663BED.jpeg22CF3856-3F9A-42AA-85F0-566D937C34BF.jpeg7C544F40-3FF7-4D34-B73D-97BCBA06A873.jpeg

Tom

Attachments

• 7E548E45-EACD-4F1B-AC0D-746BF740B808.jpeg
    7E548E45-EACD-4F1B-AC0D-746BF740B808.jpeg
    385.8 KB · Views: 324
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I never met you, but I hope things turn out ok. I will keep you and your family in my prayers if you would like that.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Tom, sure hate to hear this. And I was hoping to meet you someday as I have an aunt (94) in Sacramento; I haven't been able to get out to see her since 2005. (She has been back here).

I knew about some of your family's health needs and have prayed for you, and will continue. Stay in touch with us here.

And missing you over on the other forum also.

tbroye

Hank I will still be around hope to get back to woodworking need room first. Not being forced just decided to scale back and downsize my hobbies. You should see my racing memorabilia and Indy die cast models that is lot a bigger hole I threw money into besides the actual racing we did in late 50's-1975 when the driver was hurt he and I are all thats left of group he is 92 and in assisted living can't even go visit him or my mother in law will be 104 Saturday but will have a parade on Friday morning at the care facility. The grandkids are a joy to have with us their dad fights to get better and now we are all holding our breath while the oldest grandson is going through the Crucible at MCRD San Diego Thursday morning at Sunrise on a mountain called Reaper he becomes a Marine and receives his Eagle, Globe and Anchor. His dad and I have up since he started the Crucible at 2 am PDT. don't if will stay awake the whole time but will try. The Crucible 54 hours, 48 miles, 45 pounds a gear, 36 warrior stations, 29 team building exercises, 6 hours of sleep and 2 MRE's. Doubt if I could have done it at his age. We are getting older and that's the fact Jack LOL

MiteyF

If you decide to break it up, I may be interested in some casting tools/supplies, or other lathe/turning accessories. I'm about an hour away from you.

Lmstretch

Sorry to hear about your situation, I hope and pray that everyone in your family gets healthy and stays healthy! I also wish your grandson luck finishing the Crucible and becoming a Marine. I am also sad to you will not be making pens anymore. Please remember that once a pens turner, always a pen turner. Please remain a part of the pen turner community, us younger turners need your wisdom and guidance.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom