For just one seam ripper?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MDWine

MDWine

I had to place an order for a seam ripper last week.
I've never made one, and haven't turned anything in more than a year.
But, wifey said she saw this thing on the web somewhere and wants one.

So I placed the order...
Ya gotta get two, in case ya mess one up, right?
...and I need the bushings, just to make things quicker, easier...
...and I'm not so sure that my mandrel was straight, I remember having some slight alignment issues... another is cheap enough
...but what if she wants the larger size?
...and that stiletto end, that might be handy, right?
...and I know she wanted a teal or aqua color, and there are a few blanks that are different....

So, I think this might be the most expensive seam ripper made? It is for me, for sure! $95 for a seam ripper?

...now I gotta get back to the shop and clear my way to the lathe!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

Hey if the wife wants it, she gets it. Plus you get all kinds of new toys. Win-win situation. Plus you don't have to explain why you spent the 95 it was for her. Keep her happy and make her two.

MDWine

I actually was going to order 4, for her to give her quilting buddies, but she said keep it to two!

I welcome the shop time, even though this kind of forces me... Looking forward to doing some turning, and might even try a platter or bowl.

Marko50

I actually was going to order 4, for her to give her quilting buddies, but she said keep it to two!

I welcome the shop time, even though this kind of forces me... Looking forward to doing some turning, and might even try a platter or bowl.

…The worse day spent in the shop is still better than the best day spent at work.:rolleyes:

rblakemore

My wife the quilter and seam ripper (aka pen) turner

My wife really enjoys quilting and is constantly for excuses to make baby quilts. But, she also likes to turn and turned more seam rippers before I turned one. She made seam ripper Christmas gifts for her quilting friends. In fact, it was her original idea to get a lathe after a pen turning class.

Joe S.

…The worse day spent in the shop is still better than the best day spent at work.:rolleyes:
Unless that worst day in the shop involves losing a finger! :eek:

JasonC

My wife used to give me the "You have so many tools! Why do you need more?" speech until she realized that several of the tools serve a specific purpose.

With the pen making she's been nothing but cool. She loves pens and she's been showing off the ones she's confiscated fresh off the lathe.

Fine with me. Means the more people see them, the more I sell. :biggrin:

Davy J

I really caused some head scratchin the time I bought 12 store bought seam rippers at a local Jo-Ann Fabric till I explained what I wa doing with that many, and was by my self. clear back in the 90's I was making seam rippers using the metal peice and the clear plastic cap for many of my wifes cronies at work. NOW there are Kits but I have my methods so I don't need the kits.

Top Bottom