For a friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ssajn

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
A few weeks a good friend of mine died from cancer. His widow asked if I'd make an urn for his ashes. This is the result. I used maple from a mutual friend's land in the northern part of the state and purpleheart. Purple was his favorite color. Dave and Patty were into hot air balloons so I made it to resemble a hot air balloon.

The top has hand chased threads cut in Corian. The smaller tubes are for family members so they can have some of his ashes. I signed the bottom using a laser. The finish is Deft satin.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

Dave, I'm very sorry for your loss!
You have certainly honored your friend with a beautiful piece of work! Well done!

IPD_Mr

That had to be one of the hardest things you have ever turned and you did a fantastic job. I know the last Eagle blank I turned was the hardest thing I have ever done. My hat is off to you, what a classy thing to do.

PR_Princess

Ed and I were very fortunate to see this in person the other week. It is a simply gorgeous and flawless piece.

Dave you went above and beyond. A truly wonderful tribute that came from the heart, and it shows.

Pete275

Dave, WHat an amazing tribute to someone who must have meant a lot to you. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing something so personal with us.

Wayne

nava1uni

Beautifull work. What does it meen to "hand chase threads"?

It is how threads are made using two tools to make the male and female threads rather then using a tap and die. It is a skill to make hand chased threads.
The urn and the smaller tubes are beautiful. Truly done with love and caring.

Top Bottom