For a Friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

I have been working on alot of pens this past winter and now into spring and getting closer to finishing up this batch. But I just could not sit on this one too much longer because I gave it to a friend at church this past week and snapped a couple quick photos before I did. He was quite surprised because he gave me a few western magazines to read when I go in for my surgery in a few weeks. I like the old west shows. Just wanted to reciprocate the kindnesss and told him this is one of my hobbies. But here it is, a religious pen with The Lords Prayer in it along with other religious icons and symbols. The crosses have his birthstone within them. I incorporated them also into a case for the pen too. It is a Professor kit and clear cast with Liquid Diamonds. Thanks for looking and any questions or comments are always welcomed. Hope to get the vast array of other pens I am making up and shown soon.

IMGP0305.JPG
IMGP0306.JPG
IMGP0312.JPG
IMGP0316.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Quite nice. Looks like the professor has plenty of meat on the tube to cast some nice items in the body.
Yes there is some room there to cast items and why I chose it plus it is a kit I have tested well over the years and have had good fortunes with. In fact I have one ready for casting for my sister that I need to get done soon.

jttheclockman

That is very nice! The professor is certainly a durable choice, too. Is the blue just a painted tube or did you use another material in the casting?
This is also true being a durable kit. The blue background is actually a Metallic Blue Brushed Metal Vinyl Wrap that I have been using on a few of my latest pens. They make a few other colors as well that I am going to be showing on some pens at a later date. Gives a nice look I think. I have one made up that if it casts well I think many are going to enjoy seeing. I am quite anxious myself to see if I can pull it off.

bsshog40

Looks good JT! I'm sure he will treasure it. Btw, I was stuck in front of the tv last night watching High Plains Drifter and The good, the bad and the ugly. Lol

jttheclockman

Looks good JT! I'm sure he will treasure it. Btw, I was stuck in front of the tv last night watching High Plains Drifter and The good, the bad and the ugly. Lol
Seen them many times. A huge Gunsmoke fan and just about any western. Just a look back in tv land I guess.

TDahl

Great looking pen JT. I really like the details of the crosses and the inset stones. I always enjoy seeing your creations. I will be praying for a speedy recovery for you. I definitely share your fondness of old westerns. My brother and I were big Bonanza fans growing up.

Top Bottom