Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

Silver Maple, 13" at largest diameter.
690716DB-5FC6-46F5-8881-1541C10189F8.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

Cody:

Very nice looker. great work, I like the buttons for the feet. Were they off set turned?
When doing feet, I cut a recess for holding during hollowing as opposed to a tenon. I cut the recess a little deeper and try concave the bottom in preparation for carving the feet. After sanding the upper part of the bowl I draw circles on the lip of the recess to locate and define my feet. I then carve away the recess rim around the feet, sand and finish.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Beautiful! skillful artistic work! But then I don't have to tell you that! Anyone with that kind of skill knows it! :) THANKS for showing us! Keep it up too!

SteveG

Hey Cody...I make it a habit to capture photos of items I discover here on IAP (and elsewhere) that are possible future projects that I might attempt. Your bowl is now in that file. I like everything about it. The individual feet (vs a full round turned foot or base) really has my attention. Great work and artistic vision!

Cwalker935

Hey Cody...I make it a habit to capture photos of items I discover here on IAP (and elsewhere) that are possible future projects that I might attempt. Your bowl is now in that file. I like everything about it. The individual feet (vs a full round turned foot or base) really has my attention. Great work and artistic vision!
Thanks

Dieseldoc

When doing feet, I cut a recess for holding during hollowing as opposed to a tenon. I cut the recess a little deeper and try concave the bottom in preparation for carving the feet. After sanding the upper part of the bowl I draw circles on the lip of the recess to locate and define my feet. I then carve away the recess rim around the feet, sand and finish.

Top Bottom