***Football Update*** Monday Night Football

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Due to this mean ol' gal Rita, the Beavers will open district play Tomorrow (thursday) night in Pettus. Depending on the track, I may be heading north on Friday evening. A lot of people have already done so along the coast. Keep us in your thoughts for both Thursday and this weekend.

EDIT: Game moved to MONDAY Night! We have dibs on Madden! The county south of us shut down all of their schools and evacuated. We will watch and see where it is going. If it moves north like they say, we'll be fine. If not my family will be in Kerrville in the Hill Country. I don't think many will be leaving from here. Johnny, if I get that far north, we have to make some rattlesnake blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Czarcastic

Coach:
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone on the Texas coast this weekend. I'm sure the kids will have a little bit more on their minds than just Football this week, but I hope you and your team do well.

PS. You think your JV squad can spare a QB for the remainder of the season? Ours hasn't thrown a completed pass in three games. It's so bad that my son has asked to move from offense (WR) to defense (CB) so he could be more in the game. Right now, all he's doing is downfield blocking for a team that's become a 100% running offense.

coach

Originally posted by Czarcastic
<br />Coach:
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone on the Texas coast this weekend. I'm sure the kids will have a little bit more on their minds than just Football this week, but I hope you and your team do well.

PS. You think your JV squad can spare a QB for the remainder of the season? Ours hasn't thrown a completed pass in three games. It's so bad that my son has asked to move from offense (WR) to defense (CB) so he could be more in the game. Right now, all he's doing is downfield blocking for a team that's become a 100% running offense.

My experience is, if the J.V. QB throws too well, he will play on Friday at least as a backup! [:D] I've had the same problem with ours.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Good Luck Travis... get the family to safety and worry about football later...
Of course make sure all the tools and materials are above the expected waterline if you can't load them in your vehicle...

alamocdc

Travis, I'm not too worried about my kids in San Antonio, but I have a daughter, brother, sister and step dad in the Houston area and it ain't looking good. My sister lives in Pearland (the same town as Mannie (Monty)) and refuses to leave. My brother is a fire fighter in Conroe and will stay behind to help. My daughter will probably head to San Antonio to stay with one of her sisters.

Thanks, Bill. You didn't know you were praying for my family, but they need it. [:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom