Foodie Grade Cutting Boards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

Our supply of end grain cutting boards sold out earlier this month so new ones are in process. Shown are three cut, but not glued up and one that reached the finish line. They measure 1-5/8" thick and 17" x 12" and that makes them substantial.

Attachments

• AEB7F6DF-93E1-426F-B6DF-F0E32224169A.jpeg
    AEB7F6DF-93E1-426F-B6DF-F0E32224169A.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 9B5B4D82-B9B9-40D3-BB62-2179A67EFAB0.jpeg
    9B5B4D82-B9B9-40D3-BB62-2179A67EFAB0.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

How do you sell them direct, wholesale or through an online site?

I sell them directly at a local cooperative called the Gallery n Gifts open 10-5 year round, at two day local craft fairs ( we do three ) and sometimes get a sale through Facebook. The board was displayed on Facebook and a buyer of one of my long range tackle boxes wanted it; thus it is sold already.

My boards are all different so if someone wants the board above it will be gone. They may like the other three in production better or be disappointed not to get that exact one. So as a result I failed at Etsy, but excel elsewhere.

Sometimes you get lucky...

mmayo

What makes them "foodie grade"?
Foodies are people that take their cooking of meals seriously. They revel in the experience, taking more time and usually have superior results both in taste and presentation. Think people on cooking shows that really can cook. These end grain cutting boards will survive that vigor, their sharp knives and are quite attractive in the process.

I am not a foodie, but I like to eat food prepared by skilled foodies.

Lucky2

Mark, do you use glue or resin to glue these cutting boards together, and what type/brand do you use? How many have you now made, and have you ever had a failure in any of them? How long have you been making them, are they as popular as your tackle boxes are? They sure do look nice, I'd hate to use something that looks that good. I would have it out on display, but I would use the old dollar store one I have.

Len

Top Bottom