Foam Fitted Case?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Hello; Has anyone had experience with a foam fitted case? I want to make a fitted case for three or four cameras. I have received computer equipment where foam was blown into a plastic bag inside the box and expanded to encase the unit.

I have a case with foam layers that are slit to be removable, but I want something that will fit around the cameras.

Anyone have any ideas??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Hello; Has anyone had experience with a foam fitted case? I want to make a fitted case for three or four cameras. I have received computer equipment where foam was blown into a plastic bag inside the box and expanded to encase the unit.

I have a case with foam layers that are slit to be removable, but I want something that will fit around the cameras.

Anyone have any ideas??
Had one a lot of years ago. Halliburton cases had dense foam and came with a knife to cut out around your items. I had Nikon F with four extra lenses. They were well protected. I loved that camera and loved the case.

bobleibo

I once needed something along the same line to fit into a carry case. Went to a place that sells/manufactures foam like they use for upholstery and was surprised at how reasonable it was to have them cut what I needed. All I needed to do was provide a cardboard template.

dogcatcher

Do a Google research of "Making foam padded gun cases". Lot of good stuff out there, I do recommend making a simple hot wire cutter, a simple one will make the job a lot easier and nicer than trying to cut the foam with scissors or knives. You can buy the special foam Online, but the foam from places like Michaels and Hobby Lobby will work, just not as professional looking.

Top Bottom