Fly, Eagles, Fly!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

A few pictures before it flew away to a new home... Mistral pencil with custom accents, Alumilte blank from Zac Higgins at NV Woodwerks.

C&C welcome.

Eagles1.jpg Eagles2.jpg Eagles3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I love your modifications. Was the finial reasonably easy to pop out? (Now I may not need to fret on the loss of the Timberbits Kit ;) ).

I have been wondering on the ease to do this with the Berea Olmsted Kit - a thinner version of their Cigar Kit. I love the mechanism, so these mods would work well.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Fred Bruche

I love your modifications. Was the finial reasonably easy to pop out? (Now I may not need to fret on the loss of the Timberbits Kit ;) ).

I have been wondering on the ease to do this with the Berea Olmsted Kit - a thinner version of their Cigar Kit. I love the mechanism, so these mods would work well.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe not all is lost Mark 😉
On the Mistral, the finial and the center band come separate from the rest of the cap elements (there are many options for the accents) so everything is straightforward, no tinkering. The accents on the Mistral are quite smaller than on the Harvest though.
I have never used the Olmsted but the bands look like some sort of plastic, so I'm guessing already glued and maybe hard to pop out. Heat might help as long as it doesn't damage the plating.
Thanks!

Fred Bruche

Per the instructions pdf, it seems the accent rings on the Olmsted are separate as well, so your plan should work. The cap finial might require some trick or making it from scratch (looks doable though). Challenge accepted! :D

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Per the instructions pdf, it seems the accent rings on the Olmsted are separate as well, so your plan should work. The cap finial might require some trick or making it from scratch (looks doable though). Challenge accepted! :D

Oooh Aaahh! I thunk I can make a custom finial. I'm about 4 weeks away from some shop time, but this intrigues me especially see your excellent modifications. I may try a chevron finial, but even a solid finial will be awesome for a thinner but excellent mechanism kit.

Thanks for the investigatory work! Lets see what becomes!

Top Bottom