Floor Jack

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Light weight and low profile. 3.5 - 15"
HF has a Daytona that fills the bill but $300. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Don't waste your money at HF. I bought a 3 ton at Napa that I'm pretty sure could lift a tank. No leaks, slippage (is that real word?) and it works great even at -40 below. Spend a bit more and get something you'll probably be able to sell or pass down to your kids. Plus I feel much safer with the Napa model versus the HF model.

WriteON

Don't waste your money at HF. I bought a 3 ton at Napa that I'm pretty sure could lift a tank. No leaks, slippage (is that real word?) and it works great even at -40 below. Spend a bit more and get something you'll probably be able to sell or pass down to your kids. Plus I feel much safer with the Napa model versus the HF model.
I have the same feeling. I'm not comfortable using a HF jack... I'm researching.

greenacres2

I've got a HF jack that hasn't given me any problems. But...the quality may have been different 35 years or so ago when i bought it. :cool:

Woodchipper

HF is hit or miss. I have a rechargeable screwdriver for $10 which is the same as Lowe's at $29.99 and in pink. I look at HF like cars or anything else. Anything can fail once it leaves the factory. Caution: HF warranties are for 90 days. I'm looking at their dust collector as soon as it is in the local store and get the two year warranty; hope to give it a good workout.

WriteON

HF is hit or miss. I have a rechargeable screwdriver for $10 which is the same as Lowe's at $29.99 and in pink. I look at HF like cars or anything else. Anything can fail once it leaves the factory. Caution: HF warranties are for 90 days. I'm looking at their dust collector as soon as it is in the local store and get the two year warranty; hope to give it a good workout.
The lift I'm looking at appears to "look" solid. I'll take a ride and handle one. I was in voting years ago ..an HFstore manager was standing behind me in line... Gave me his card..told me not come there at night 😳

WriteON

I just tried my 12v HF impact wrench. The reverse level broke off.

I just tried my 12v HF impact wrench. The reverse level broke off.
The only thing I buy from HF is their 1" sanding belts and 5" sanding belts. They seem to last pretty good and they don't break the bank. I don't buy any tools other than the jack stand I bought a while back. It works well but did get a leak in one of the "O" rings that was an easy fix.

Woodchipper

As I said, anything can fail after it leaves the factory. I have several hand tools from HF and like them. Power tools were bought long before HF came along.

WriteON

I tried my HF 12v dc impact wrench today ... the reverse switch broke when changing it. However it cost around $20

WriteON

Better...might be the one

Attachments

• Image 5-2-24 at 6.39 PM.jpeg
    Image 5-2-24 at 6.39 PM.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 17

Penultimate

They probably both come from the same factory. :)

WriteON

How funny is this... Line #9 for the HF Impact Wrench...
Edit...bought the Torin floor jack ... (post 14)

Attachments

• IMG_2591.jpeg
    IMG_2591.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 19

WriteON

Hmm. Never owned an impact wrench and really never needed one. I take an extra vitamin and apply muscle torque.
The shop I just used added extra power to put the lugs on… could not get them off… however I just bought a couple cheaters and breakers … might be easier to lefty Lucy. I'm old. Real old. I have a shoulder implant and cannot pull/push too much therefor I need all the help I can get.

WriteON

Hmm. Never owned an impact wrench and really never needed one. I take an extra vitamin and apply muscle torque.
I bought a 24" Husky ratcheting breaker and it worked like a champ. Impact going back. My mamma always said you can't do a job without the right tools

Top Bottom