Floating stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Made this floating plant stand today. I've wanting to try one of these for a long time. My wife and I made it together and she is still scratching her head as to why it doesn't fall.

Attachments

• trim.E4D767AD-EE6A-48CB-AC50-15F4AF9EA614.MOV
    5.7 MB
  • 347F9714-B2B6-4143-B2A8-BADA69FD63D4.jpeg
    347F9714-B2B6-4143-B2A8-BADA69FD63D4.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Yes but I could adjust it somewhat by screwing or unscrewing the eyelets s little.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Yes but starting close to the exact lengths makes it look even. If you have screws higher than one side it looks out of place. It is based on tension and exerting force not supporting forces. Have done one years ago and started one with wooden chain links that I never completed back in the day. Made a jig to make the links that you would have loved being a jig guy. Still have that jig sitting in the garage some 30 years ago. ;)

Last edited:

TG Design

Search on Tensegrity, tensional integrity or floating compression. Wiki says "It's a structural principle based on a system of isolated components under compression inside a network of continuous tension, and arranged in such a way that the compressed members (usually bars or struts) do not touch each other while the prestressed tensioned members (usually cables or tendons) delineate the system spatially". Search in YouTube, lots of applications and ideas. Tables, plant stands, stools. So many possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom