Flat Top American Series 2000

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

I have two kits that I thought I make up but it's been ages since I did it and I can't for the life of me remember how to assemble the lower mechanism. I'm pretty sure I have the top correct however I followed the directions from Berea and put the black ring on first only to look at the picture to see they had the chrome ring first.

Can anyone recommend a video showing how to assemble the pen. I hate it when the directions call for pieces that are labeled differently in picture!

Also there doesn't seem to have a transmission. I assume it's a twist but it's been a long time since I made one.

Thanks for your response.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

With regard to the "missing" transmission ...

Are you sure your kit is for a ballpoint ?

The "Flat Top American" can be ballpoint, rollerball, or fountain pen. Which do you have ?

montmill

My bad it's a rollerball. I can't get the refill in with the spring installed as instructed. It does come through without the spring. I see now how it's to work, if I could only get the refill in with the spring.

magpens

Yes, the refill will come through without the spring.

But you need the spring at the back end of the refill (just as Ed said, above) to keep the refill in the writing position. . Otherwise the refill will be forced backwards by the act of writing.

For a rollerball pen, the refill is ALWAYS in the writing position, never retracted.

Check the instructions again. . You will see the short spring pictured at the back end of the refill.

Top Bottom