Flat rate mail is awesome!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I have to say, flat rate mail is awesome!! (what? I already said that? Sorry...)
When I take boxes of cherry into the post office, and I'm told that I saved $19 on this box, or $17 on that box. I can't imagine anyone on the forum being able to sell any of their wood without it! I know that I couldn't afford to spend $20 in shipping to get 2 cherry blanks...

That being said, I am asking that if anyone that has gotten blanks from me is not happy with their purchase, please let me know, and if you ARE happy, please let me know. I make every effort fill all voids in the boxes, often with rarities or premium pieces of wood that I just happened to have a decent quantity of. (I think some people have gotten a little tiger maple, osage orange, walnut, etc...)
I am very new to this wood selling thing, and can use all the comments directed towards process improvement that I can get! I'm not really trying to make a big profit, just enough to pay for my milling costs of all the logs I've got waiting to be milled. Once that's done, I'll probably close the offer, and only send out to people that email me specifically to ask for it.
don't know if this is in the right thread, since I'm not really selling anything in this thread, but I'm referencing a thread where I AM selling something, but I just wanted to get some feedback without overloading my post on the classified thread...

Thanks,
Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jssmith3

Hey Dave, I think you are doing a fantastic job so don't change a thing, I have been very happy with what I have recieved from you.
Thanks for everything.
Janet :)

JimGo

I'm not happy...I'm waiting for some of that tiger maple to be cut up!!! After that, I'll be happy to take you up on the flat-rate boxes! [:D]

angboy

Hey Dave, maybe you should check out the USPS flat rate shipping options! I hear it's awesome!!!!! [:D][:D][}:)][}:)]

(Sorry, couldn't resist [:)])

BTW, what does tiger maple look like? Do you have any pictures?

JimGo

Angela, see these threads:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13914

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13658

Dario

Dave,

I know what you mean [;)]. Can't think of a better way especially when you are selling green blanks. FREE supplies is value added too!

Woodnknots

Janet, I'm glad that you were happy with your shipment. I was not aware that you had gotten it yet! How about that "wood that shall not be named"? Is it to your liking?

rduncan

Mine showed up today. I'm quite happy. I assume, based on feel, the cherry is green. Niow I get to actually tuern some bowls from green wood and not old, tired, dried ood to see if I can get some fanbcy shavings/curls like in all the videos.

Thanks,

Rick Duncan

Woodnknots

The cherry is very green. In fact, I cut blanks from logs about an hour before the post office gets them. So you are getting them days from the log. I hope you enjoy turning them!

Woodnknots

Originally posted by angboy
<br />Hey Dave, maybe you should check out the USPS flat rate shipping options! I hear it's awesome!!!!! [:D][:D][}:)][}:)]

(Sorry, couldn't resist [:)])

BTW, what does tiger maple look like? Do you have any pictures?

I turned a couple of nice pieces tonight, I'll post pics tomorrow after the finish cures. I did a bowl that was near a crotch, and the tiger actually turned to fiddleback. The bowl itself wasn't anything special, but the maple made it so...

jssmith3

Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />Janet, I'm glad that you were happy with your shipment. I was not aware that you had gotten it yet! How about that "wood that shall not be named"? Is it to your liking?
Dave, I have not stopped drooling yet [:p]
Thank you so much, I can't wait to get back into the shop tonight. Have to be a boyscout leader tonight and have been learning how to do a peppermill all day. Boy they are hard to do when most of what you have done has been pens!!! Thanks again Dave, I really like my stuff you sent.
Have a fantastic evening.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by jssmith3
<br />
Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />Janet, I'm glad that you were happy with your shipment. I was not aware that you had gotten it yet! How about that "wood that shall not be named"? Is it to your liking?
Dave, I have not stopped drooling yet [:p]
Thank you so much, I can't wait to get back into the shop tonight. Have to be a boyscout leader tonight and have been learning how to do a peppermill all day. Boy they are hard to do when most of what you have done has been pens!!! Thanks again Dave, I really like my stuff you sent.
Have a fantastic evening.
Be sure to post pics of the finished products!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom